Anonymous
Official realease of site July 5th!
  • 2004/6/3 0:27

• Anonymous

• Since:

I want to say thank you so very much to the XOOPS community, all those that assisted me in building my site. All help was very much appreciated. My site hits the media July 5th. wish me luck, for the final view of the site go to.... Professional Blacks

Sincerly,

eq

Anonymous
Re: Check out my new site....
  • 2004/6/8 15:51

• Anonymous

• Since:

uppin

studioC
  • 2004/6/8 15:58

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

hello eq,

it's nice, CLEAN and "good sorted" perhaps edit some paddings round the images, the text is very near..

greetings
michael

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/8 16:19

• Anonymous

• Since:

Michael, thank you, well here is the breakdown. I got a designer to do the site, he introduced me to the XOOPS, I reviewed over it, and told him I will like the XOOPS on my site. Well he finished it maybe a week ago, since I have been doing all the mods. on the site. So basically I am a customer turned XOOPS webmaster. I have learned alot about XOOPS in the past 2 weeks, but I can not find the padding you were refering to. If you can be some assistance I will appreciate it

eq

shivaji
  • 2004/6/8 16:21

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/18

Excellent work !

I have checked it in 1024x768 res.

1. either keep body 100% or within 780px but not in between. I think 100% is best due to lot of content in your site.

2. Site looks to me Flat so there is no point keeping 3D looks navigation bar at top.

3. If possible, put top banners at bottm and keep one logo at top left.

4. remove bacground dark color from Read More... | xxx bytes more | xx comments

Thats all !

Panos
  • 2004/6/8 16:33

• Panos

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/20

Very nice site However, I will completely agree with shivanji on all of his points and I would also add that you could perhaps enlarge the font size over at the 'Read More' entries etc. Other than that, I really like the site

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/8 16:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

shivaji

Thank you, I appreciate it. That is 2 weeks of night and day work literally, 12 hours a day sometimes... I guess it has paid off.

Now remember I am not a Certified Web Developer, Computer Science was my minor in college, and I am nifty with a computer, but there is a lot I sitll have no clue about...

"1. either keep body 100% or within 780px but not in between. I think 100% is best due to lot of content in your site."...please clarify this....I think the body is already set to 100%, but I will check on this...

"2. Site looks to me Flat so there is no point keeping 3D looks navigation bar at top." Yes I was thinking about taking them off myself, it kind of throws it off. Good advice, im going to work on that now...

"4. remove bacground dark color from Read More... | xxx bytes more | xx comments " I was wondering if I can make the COMMENTS part a little larger, is that possible? also, what color do you suggest for the background?

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/8 16:46

• Anonymous

• Since:

As for the top navigation bar...

<div align="center"><center>
<table border="0" width="95%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" background="<{$xoops_imageurl}>navbackBG.jpg">
<tr>
<td width="16%"></td>
<td id="navbarlink" width="16%"><p align="center">-=<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/">Home</a>=-</td>
<td id="navbarlink" width="17%"><p align="center">-=<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php">My Account</a>=-</td>
<td id="navbarlink" width="17%"><p align="center">-=<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/flashChat/">Chat!</a>=-</td>
<td id="navbarlink" width="17%"><p align="center">-=<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/newbb/">Forums</a>=-</td>
<td width="17%"></td>
</tr>
</table>
</center></div>

-----

what all do I take out without messing up the page divider?

shivaji
  • 2004/6/8 16:57

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/18

Hi:

I appreciate the time you have given for this website.

"1. either keep body 100% or within 780px but not in between. I think 100% is best due to lot of content in your site."...please clarify this....I think the body is already set to 100%, but I will check on this...

REPLY: Your main table is set to width="95%" so make it 100%. you may be using resolution less then 1024x768 resolution so it seems to you that the site is 100% but it is not.

"4. remove bacground dark color from Read More... | xxx bytes more | xx comments " I was wondering if I can make the COMMENTS part a little larger, is that possible? also, what color do you suggest for the background?

REPLY: font size is ok. i suggest no Color for background:)

NOTE: just insert this code in your themes/folder style.css file "img { border: 0;}" and this will make Ronald Reagan photo and all photo without border.

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/8 17:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

"4. remove bacground dark color from Read More... | xxx bytes more | xx comments " I was wondering if I can make the COMMENTS part a little larger, is that possible? also, what color do you suggest for the background?"

Can I edit this in this style.css aslo?

WOW..this is the first time viewing this Style.css....ummmm yeah, that "img { border: 0;}"

is no where to be found, or maybe the 4 time looking over it I may have looked over it again :)

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits