brash
Manual Uninstall Of XoopsVirus 0.06
  • 2004/6/4 23:51

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi All,

This has been one of those problems that has been bugging me, but I've been putting off for a while. Quite a few months ago now I installed the XoopsVirus 0.06 module to display current virus info on my site, but decided to remove it as it was causing some serious lag in site loading times as it has to go off to fetch virus information and I have fairly limited bandwidth.

Anyway, my problem is when I went to uninstall it I am simply taken to a blank page, and none of the debugging options in XOOPS display any info to help assertain as why it is not uninstalling.

Just wondering what I can do to manually force the uninstall of XoopsVirus 0.06 from Xoops? The module has no MySQL tables, so it's purely from within XOOPS that it needs to be removed from what I can see. I'd really appreciate any help on this one, thanks .

Stewdio
Re: Manual Uninstall Of XoopsVirus 0.06
  • 2004/6/4 23:59

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

If you have double checked that there are in fact no SQL tables, you can remove the module from your /modules directory after you have disabled any blocks, if any.

I find it odd that there are no tables in your DB.

brash
  • 2004/6/5 0:20

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi Stew,

This module just fetches virus info from Panda software, so there is no need for any MySQL tables. At the moment the module is in a deactivated state, but as I said last post if I try and aninstall it I get a blank screen. I tried just removing the xoopsvirus directory from the modules directory, but I get a "Module File for xoopsvirus Not Found!" error. There must be somewhere in the XOOPS system MySQL tables that holds reference to what modules are installed. If I could find that and just delete the xoopsvirus reference I would think that's all that needs to be done wouldn't it?

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/5 0:22

• Stewdio

Yup, go through those tables very carefully, there has to be a reference there somewhere or else it wouldn't show up in the admin panel with a disable/uninstall feature.

Something in the module files could be broken if you can decipher the code a bit, I wouldn't know where to start looking though.

brash
  • 2004/6/5 0:27

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Hmmmm, I'm with stupid !

I looked through the XOOPS table structure, and failed to see the table called xoops_modules, sounds like a very logical place to store installed module info . Anyway, dropped the xoopsvirus record from the xoops_module table and it's all good now .

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/5 0:32

• Stewdio

Sweet!!

Can I have my stupid stick back please, I need to beat myself with it some more

Login

Who's Online

273 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 273

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits