prophecy100
Admins registering users

Hello all

I am redeveloping a website for my Scout Group. I would like only group members to be registered users of it. I have turned off new user registration and instead will create logins myself.

I would like to give other group leaders the ability to create user accounts but without them seeing the full administration interface. Does anyone know of a way I can create a standalone page or form that would create new user accounts without going into the admin interface?

As ever, any suggestions very much appreciated.

Jonathan

Herko
Re: Admins registering users
  • 2004/6/2 7:43

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

User creation and editing is part of the system admin, thus one of the best secured parts of the system. You have to have system admin rights to go there.

I think it is possible to create a new group and give them admin rights for the user editing part only (just ckeck that box), and then they will get a link to the admin side with just the system admin icon and the edit users link.

Herko

prophecy100

Thanks Herko

You are of course right, the only problem is when the user hovers their mouse over the system admin button they see all the links (avatars, blocks, templates, etc...) that they don't have access to.

While it is true that when they then click on one of them they can't access it, they still see the menu option.

Is there anyway I can hide these extra popup menu options or call the admin userform without the rest of the admin interface?

If i'm not making sense then let me know

Thanks

Jonathan

prophecy100

I have now managed to achieve this, I don't know if this will be of use to anyone else but I thought I would post it here just in case it was.

Was I did was create my own blank user registration module. I.e. Just the index.php and xoops_version.php pages. I then changed the paths of the included files in register.php to compensate for the new location and moved this to the module directory.

I then just had to grant the correct user group access to this module. Thats it, admins can now register users.

Jonathan

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits