98_Z28
Move the xoops installation to my domain directory from subdomain. How??
  • 2004/5/27 17:26

• 98_Z28

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/18

Hi, I want to go ahead and make the XOOPS created webpage my main page for when you goto www.vbcodesource.com it will be the webpages made with xoop. Right now I have it installed in a subdomain,http://portal.vbcodesource.com/portal/ subdomain and directory. How do I move it to my main domain name and keep the current settings and database and everything? Thankyou for any help you can provide. Thankyou

Jason

m0nty
Re: Move the xoops installation to my domain directory from subdomain. How??
  • 2004/5/27 17:38

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you could either move it from the portal folder into the main root folder, or you could change your domain start folder to the portal folder, thus making the portal folder your root as such..

of course, either way you will need to edit mainfile.php to reflect on the change..

ie.. changehttp://yourdomain.com/portal to yourdomain.com/

if you move the whole lot back into your root folder as it is, you will also need to edit the paths..

ie. ...../htdocs/portal to htdocs

if you change the domain to point to portal folder, you wouldn't need to change the paths only the URL's.. but that would make anything in your root folder as it is un-accessible to any1 typing in your domain name..

also any hardcoded url's in your files will need to be edited to reflect the change..

98_Z28
Re: Move the xoops installation to my domain directory from subdomain. How??
  • 2004/5/27 22:28

• 98_Z28

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/18

Thankyou very much for your reply. Will really help me move the portal webpage. Thankyou very much.

Jason

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits