Bulls
Re: How to decrease the xoops's mysql queries
  • 2004/5/24 14:51

• Bulls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/8 1

Hi

I have attempted to open your site 2x so far and it is so painfully slow to load? Surely there is something wrong? There are a heck of a lot of pics and gifs etc but even so i don't think that would account for the slow loading. Though could well cause problems if all them pics and stuff are not optimised.

MKJ
Sites-4u

phppp
  • 2004/5/24 14:52

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

cptwinky, have you installed the newbb 2?
It's only for beta right now!

Cache would reduce MySQL queries significantly.
And you may try the cache_on_change hack.

karuna
  • 2004/5/24 15:10

• karuna

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/29

Quote:

Bulls wrote:
Hi

I have attempted to open your site 2x so far and it is so painfully slow to load? Surely there is something wrong? There are a heck of a lot of pics and gifs etc but even so i don't think that would account for the slow loading. Though could well cause problems if all them pics and stuff are not optimised.

MKJ
Sites-4u

It's fast for me to load it, i think it's will take a long time to load in other contry

hi phppp

where can i download the cache on change hack?

cptwinky
  • 2004/5/24 15:11

• cptwinky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/1 2

Yes I installed NewBB2 Beta2. I know its only beta right now but this is the route that its taking so I figured I would use that as an example, although queries for it have almost tripled since NewBB1.

I never new about the cache_on_change hack, is it something that will be added to the core or a sloppily put together hack?

phppp
  • 2004/5/24 15:16

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

hack cache hack
relevant discussion more

cptwinky
  • 2004/5/24 15:46

• cptwinky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/1 2

That really is interesting but you didnt answer my question...Is it planned for the inclusion in 2.0.7? I would personally love to see it in the core so I can start using it in my modules. Its a very good idea.

It did however cut my queries with NewBB2 to 37 from 124.

Mithrandir

Fundamental changes to the core is NOT planned in 2.0.7 - but there will be some in 2.2. 2.0.7 is mainly a bugfix version with small additions.

The caching on change discussion will be followed closely and I am in a dialogue with Predator in order to cut down on the queries.

We also need to work further on some things in the core so that e.g. a user's details are not fetched in the database multiple times in a row, however we may have to rely on module developers updating modules to comply with these changes in order to see some progress.

karuna
  • 2004/5/25 3:54

• karuna

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/29

Quote:

phppp wrote:
hack cache hack
relevant discussion more

Hi
This looks great,does it can still have a minimal cache time,since some module have frequent chages like forum

phppp
  • 2004/5/25 4:15

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

yes, you can make an appropriate tradeoff.

actually if a module is well organized - separate static content/dynamic content, even minimal cache time is unnecessary, which means you do not need make the tradeoff.

brash
  • 2004/5/25 5:14

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Another thing you might want to consider karuna is some kind of HTTP compression module such as Gzip for apache and HTTPZip (IIS5 5) or ZipEnable (IIS 6) for Microsofts IIS.

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits