hIBEES
Can I
  • 2004/5/23 12:55

• hIBEES

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/20

increase the number of stories showing on the front page

default number the now is 5 unless you use the drop down menu, can i get rid off that also??

Stewdio
Re: Can I
  • 2004/5/23 13:00

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

You can edit this in the block itself and in news administration.

hIBEES
  • 2004/5/23 16:54

• hIBEES

• Just popping in

useless or wot,you got the script i need to edit please,

Mithrandir

Number of news shown on the front page is set in News module preferences in system admin.

Quote:
useless or wot,

What's this supposed to mean? It may not answer your particular question, but it was a well-meaning attempt at solving your problem, so please watch the language on these friendly forums.

Stewdio
  • 2004/5/23 18:22

• Stewdio

When I give the short answer to any question here on the forums, it's because of one of several reasons. I either don't have time to spend 20 minutes explaining the layout, the how to's, and where abouts of every link, button and page needed for a particular request, OR I don't feel like making a huge attempt because the answers most people need can be found by using the site search and/or just poking around the admin and looking for things.

Sorry to be useless but if you spent more time looking for your answer I might have had the ambition to help you more.

hIBEES
  • 2004/5/23 18:38

• hIBEES

• Just popping in

hey guys,

i wasn't referring to anyone being useless apart from myself,after you posted stewdio I went looking for the answer to my question but too no avail

I'm sorry if you felt i was calling you useless-I was NOT!

the help you give on these forums is quality and was one of the reasons i have choose Xoops.

I apologise if I have offended anyone,it was not intended and I will use the search facility more in the future before posting on here.

thanks

Stewdio
  • 2004/5/23 19:10

• Stewdio

No offence taken, where none was given. It was hard to interpret what you said, sorry if it was taken a little out of context

Hopefuly you were able to find what you were looking for, let us know if you need a more detailed explanation, but I'm on my way out the door in a few minutes.

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits