flyfisher88
Stats module

HI guys,

I have tried numerous cms apps. and really like the XOOPS as it is smooth and fast, and makes alot of the configuration and installation of modules easy.

But I have been searching over a day for a stats module all over the web. I ran into istats, which I did not try to install as it seems like there are so many file changes required. I just can't believe that there is no native stats module for xoops. Seems odd to have a community site without a stats module.

I am a newbie to this, so I maybe missing something. Is there are module that can track users,like how often and where in the site they are visiting!

Thanks

brash
Re: Stats module
  • 2004/5/11 22:18

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi flyfisher88,

I thought the same thing when I first started using Xoops, "Why the hell doesn't this thing have a stats module"?

Although there is no native stats module for Xoops, there are plenty of solutions in use out there. I personally use PHP-Stats to track my site and use a modified XOOPS block called pscounter to show the stats on my site. Have a look at my site if you want to see the block. Do a search on stats and you'll find a wealth of info as this topic has bean brought up many many times before. Good luck

flyfisher88
Re: Stats module

thanks brash, ended up installing phpstats as you suggested, and it works great, the problem is that it does not assign the userid of xoops, which leaves you guessing who the user is based on studying his ip and history.

any future stats modules that solves this problem would be great.

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits