wf4sure
"Register to Post" link (in Forum)
  • 2004/5/20 16:28

• wf4sure

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/12

I no longer use the XOOPS registration and login--it has been integrated with another script. Adapting the login block to take users to the new login & registration page was easy, but I am having trouble finding the "Register to Post" link that shows up in the viewforum.php?... or view topic.php?... This line seems to be relevant--it appears in "db%3Anewbb_viewforum.html" and other files:

Quote:
<td align="right"><?php echo $this->_tpl_vars['forum_post_or_register']; ?>

I just want to change the "register to post" link so that it goes to the new registration page, and possibly add an explanitory note, as well. I would also be interested in any general information that might help me to better track things like this down on my own. So if you can deduce the location of the file from the information supplied above, I would be interested in understanding how. Thanks!

phppp
Re: "Register to Post" link (in Forum)
  • 2004/5/20 17:18

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

change viewforum.php

$xoopsTpl->assign('forum_post_or_register', "<a href='the new registration page'>NEW PLACE</a>");

wf4sure
  • 2004/5/20 18:05

• wf4sure

• Friend of XOOPS

Hey, thanks! I looked at /modules/newbb/viewforum.php, but didn't recognise that line. Where does the text "Register to Post" come from? does it pertain to the '._MD_REGTOPOST.' in this line:

Quote:
$xoopsTpl->assign('forum_post_or_register', '<a href="(new login URL)">'._MD_REGTOPOST.'</a>');

Thanks again!

Mithrandir

Yes _MD_REGTOPOST is a constant, which is defined in the language files for your language.

wf4sure
  • 2004/5/20 19:57

• wf4sure

• Friend of XOOPS

Thank you--and for the benefit of future readers, it is in /modules/newbb/languange/your-languange/ --not the top-level languange directory...

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits