Third phase of tweaks to my theme
  • 2004/5/18 22:41

• dukehen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/9

Alright, first off here is the site:

http://www.paintballandstuff.net/modules/news/

Now, here is the first thing I need to address:

1. I have little arrows beside each items of my left/right blocks. The problem is where I have form textfield inputs. I don't know how to fiddle with them so that when someone has to log in, the input boxes still fit the general theme of the neccessary block.

I was thinking of making the arrow background images bigger, and increasing the font size of the menu items to match the size increase, but that seems like an inefficient way to do it.

2. I have noticed that if I go my site, and for example click on "community" to view the newbb module, I see little white gaps on the bottom left and right of my theme. However, if I refresh in that same module, the white gaps disappear.

I would like to have those white gaps gone completely, but am not quite sure what I need to do in this regard. I have cleared my cached templates directory, so I know that is not the problem.

3. If anyone else notices anything that needs to be tweaked, by all means feel free to make suggestions. I know the main news content theme aspect is pretty plain, I am still working on finalizing this theme. I want something that will truly look clean and simple without looking dull.

Thanks

regen_r8
Re: Third phase of tweaks to my theme
  • 2004/5/18 22:54

• regen_r8

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

Duke -

It appears to me that you have a little arrow background image repeating in the verticle dimension (y) as the background of the block content area.

If what you really want is to associate the image with elements in the block content area (like the menu items or the text inputs in the search and login block, then you should edit the templates of those blocks to have those arrows as a background for a div wrapping that content element.

<div class="arrowback"## content ## 

then define the class in a style.

Then you will need to position the image within the element, so you may need several class selectors to do the job completely.

Perhaps. Just a thought.

dukehen
Re: Third phase of tweaks to my theme
  • 2004/5/19 2:47

• dukehen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/9

That is a great idea - I am shamed that the thought didn't come to me! Thanks again!

Now, I just have to think of a way to implement this...

Time to plan!

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits