wwang
Question on user authentication
  • 2004/5/12 6:24

• wwang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/21

Is there anybody knows how XOOPS store (cookie, session or something God knows) user authentication info after user login? I got real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real frustrated on rewrite/modify/work with existing code. This project is full of headache for me. Sorry to say this, but this is true for me.

Any comment will be helpful.

Mithrandir
Re: Question on user authentication

Lines 66-71 of include/checklogin.php:
$HTTP_SESSION_VARS = array();

$HTTP_SESSION_VARS['xoopsUserId'] = $user->getVar('uid');

$HTTP_SESSION_VARS['xoopsUserGroups'] = $user->getGroups();
    if (
$xoopsConfig['use_mysession'] && $xoopsConfig['session_name'] != '') {

setcookie($xoopsConfig['session_name'], session_id(), time()+(60 $xoopsConfig['session_expire']), '/',  ''0);
    }

wwang
  • 2004/5/12 20:31

• wwang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/21

I saw above lines, I tried print $_SESSION value? It's all empty, guess I have to use $HTTP_SESSION_VARS .I will try it later. But personally I would not recommend this project for any user want make update/modification. Go to postnuke if you want make any change or write your own module. I will write why I had (seems like I will have more) so much headache.

Any way, thanks for reply.

Mithrandir

$HTTP_SESSION_VARS or $_SESSION should be of no importance.

I personally think XOOPS is way easier to work with than PostNuke. Easier overview of code, easier to see where code is outputted, few restrictions on how to name files and functions - that sort of thing.

If you don't like it and think PostNuke is better, then I would indeed recommend that you use PostNuke - choosing a CMS is mostly about personal feel with it, but personally I am not looking towards PostNuke and probably never will.

tayling
  • 2004/5/19 2:28

• tayling

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/3 7

Hi
I agree XOOPS is worth stick with yay!

But - in your comment $HTTP_SESSION_VARS or $_SESSION should be of no importance.
We also need to access the $_SESSION variables to change and access - and on requesting they are blank - do you know how we can access the session variables?
Regards'

Tony

tayling
  • 2004/5/19 2:29

• tayling

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/3 7

Hi
I agree XOOPS is worth stick with yay!

But - in your comment $HTTP_SESSION_VARS or $_SESSION should be of no importance.
We also need to access the $_SESSION variables to change and access - and on requesting they are blank - do you know how we can access the session variables?
Regards'

Tony

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits