MyLinks : How to add [more] ?
  • 2004/5/18 3:04

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/18

Hi:

Web Links
---------

Is it possible to add [MORE..] link within each Link Listings ?

The thing is that few of my text description within links are bigger then 200 lines, so is there any way to show a [MORE..] link after say 10 lines and when user click on [MORE..] a new page with details description will be shown?

If it is not possible using WebLinks(mylinks) core module is there any other module which carries all features of "myLinks" but with [MORE..] option ?

I will be looking forward to get a quick reply. Thanks for you help :)

Herko
Re: MyLinks : How to add [more] ?
  • 2004/5/18 6:24

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

It should be possible, but it requires quite a bit of hacking the code, I'm afraid. What you're suggesting is build in an intermediate page with only part of the information. For this, you have to modify the module to see a summary page (or teaser page), and the singlelink.php file as the full text page.

What you can do more easy is add the x characters of the description to the category overview page, with all the links shown under each other. Then the hack would be smaller.

I'm not a coder, so I can't tell you what to change and where to change it, but I hope this will get you started.

Herko

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/18 6:43

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

shivaji wrote:
Hi:

Web Links
---------

Is it possible to add [MORE..] link within each Link Listings ?

The thing is that few of my text description within links are bigger then 200 lines, so is there any way to show a [MORE..] link after say 10 lines and when user click on [MORE..] a new page with details description will be shown?

If it is not possible using WebLinks(mylinks) core module is there any other module which carries all features of "myLinks" but with [MORE..] option ?

I will be looking forward to get a quick reply. Thanks for you help :)

Herko is right regarding that it will take more than just a few lines of code to add this. Have a look at the news module on how best it can be done.

shivaji
  • 2004/5/18 7:52

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

Herko:

-Shiva.

shivaji
  • 2004/5/18 8:12

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

back. Few months seen others, did lot of research. Can I know the progress made on SEO with xoops? Thanks again.

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits