riaanvdb
Re: feature request
  • 2004/5/16 20:32

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
As far as I can see, this means that you are effectively running an SQL query, which is not used and load in ALL users with the $member_handler->getUsers() call, hence giving memory problems when the number of users gets too high.

You should use the resultset from your query to put the user ID's in a comma-separated string starting and ending with brackets (so it's like this: "($id1, $id2, $id3)" )
Then send them as a Criteria to get the relevant users.
Like this:
Try it out and see if it helps.

Hi Mithrandir, I think this is devinately the problem (loading all the members into memory) I will have a look at your suggestion.
Thanks
Riaan
CraftsOnline

m0nty
  • 2004/5/16 23:36

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:
Riaanvdb wrote:

There is an admin option "Reviews as New on Top Page:" that when set to 0 will not show listings on the index page, hope this is what you are looking for.

it's close, but what i would prefer would be for the title of the review and description to be shown, but without the rating bars.. i only really want the rating bars etc to be shown when u click on the review to read..

also 1 thing i forgot to mention, would be for the possibility to delete a review completely, i may have missed it somewhere but i can't find anywhere to actually delete a review..

gauntlet
  • 2004/5/17 4:00

• gauntlet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/22

I believe you click MANAGE REVIEWS in the module, scroll to the bottom, enter the ID and submit. Brings up the review and you have choices of modify, cancel and delete.

Anyword when the next verion comes out? If it has everything that we've been hearing about + the bug fixes I can finally take my site live :) I better get to work then.

riaanvdb
  • 2004/5/17 7:48

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

gauntlet wrote:
Anyword when the next verion comes out? If it has everything that we've been hearing about + the bug fixes I can finally take my site live :) I better get to work then.

Hi all, I created a new thread in forums dedicated to the myReviews module here. The latest release is Beta6

Grotmis
Riaan
CraftsOnline

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits