Jan304
Re: what browser is used by your visitors?
  • 2004/5/16 9:27

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Are we going to browser fight?

Quote:
It is not hard to design a site where all browser types are accomodated but once you start making you site run all sorts of coding then the limitations of Mozilla become very apparent.

Well, may I say you that Mozilla is one of the browsers that respects the W3 standard the most? If you code badly, not following the standards, then it is normal Mozilla will not render your page ok. Don't blame Moz for incorrect coding (also called IE-coding).

I'm a happy user of Firefox, never seen a smoother or faster browser. And I can tell you one thing, if I visit a site, that only works in IE, I won't bother opening it in IE, I will just leave. Sites should work on all standard browsers...

limecity
  • 2004/5/16 9:50

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

okay..
i like this discussion..
so that i can understand more of these annoying diff standards thingy..

Here's a conclusion:

"Sites that looks good in mozilla will certainly looks good in IE. But sites that looks good in IE not neccesary will look good in Mozilla"

by the statment above. does tat mean Mozilla is lack of something? lack of ability to read certain codings?

I experience this before while trying to make my own theme for XOOPS site.

as you all know there is
theme.html
style.css

I use some CSS codings in theme.html.
When i tested it with mozilla. It didn't read the CSS codings in theme.html but only the one in style.css

Bulls
  • 2004/5/16 11:04

• Bulls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/8 1

Hi

Mozilla works well as has been stated but the differences in the way it reads coding is alarming:

-Colours can appear different.
-Simple html code can be misread and might not work. I have had instances where a page will not display until i have altered the name? Weird one that for sure.
-Site directories are ignored in some cases so that you need to alter the coding to state the actual http links.
-Hates all sorts of javascript but some will work. In a lot of cases when it does work it will display incorrectly.
-CSS scripts are again displayed incorrectly, but not always.
-Doesn't seem to understand certain code such as mathematical degrees so that it is very hard to alter things.

The list goes on and on

Bulls
Sites-4u

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits