stevea
Install in subdirectory?
  • 2004/5/14 22:30

• stevea

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/14

Install guide says to install all html contents to root document path. I'd rather install to a subdirectory of this path--is that possible?

I went ahead and tried it, but when I get to the "General configuration" page of the install, I get the following error msg 7 times followed by the cfg form:
Warning: Wrong parameter count for htmlspecialchars() in ./class/textsanitizer.php on line 96.

I try filling out the form anyway, but the next "confirm your entries" page also contains the same error (16 times) and all fields are blank.

Any ideas?

k4christ
Re: Install in subdirectory?
  • 2004/5/16 1:34

• k4christ

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/23

I am having the SAME exact problem!!!! I am just gonna create a subfolder and then go from there.

lucastds
  • 2004/5/16 1:53

• lucastds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/20

You can install XOOPS to any directory you want, since it is accessible by the browser. But you have to upload all the structure of 'html' folder to the choosen directory. Check if all files were uploaded to the correct directory of your webserver.

carnuke
  • 2004/5/16 11:48

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I have run my testsite in a sub-folder without any problems at all. Some modules will not run properly without a bit of tweaking, but its all very minor.

IMPORTANT: Make certain ALL your files are uploaded to the sub-directory, also that mainfile.php has all its connections strings to include your sub-dir.

Also make certain the sub-dir permissions are are at least 755

All should be fine.

k4christ
  • 2004/5/16 13:42

• k4christ

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/23

I see what you are saying, but I am installing XOOPS on hosted platform. What am I doing wrong when I install it? Is there a particular name I should name the subfolder since it won't download to my root directory? Help me. PLEASE!!!

carnuke
  • 2004/5/16 17:10

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Lets say your domain ishttp://mydomain.com and you want to install XOOPS ins a sub directory.

1- create a new directory in your root webspace (you can call it whatever you want eg. "xoops"

2- now, open this new directory called XOOPS and upload the contents of all the folders and files in the html folder that comes with the XOOPS distribution. Make sure to keep all dirs and files in exactly the same order.

3- Now carry out the installation as usual making sure that the sub directory "xoops" is included in all your relevant connections.

Assuming you have already done this, go to mainfile.php and make sure your connections look something like this...

// XOOPS Physical Path
// Physical path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/home/username/public_html/xoops');

// XOOPS Virtual Path (URL)
// Virtual path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://mydomain.com/xoops');

Also make sure your other connections to the database are correct. In the above example I used the name "xoops" as your sub-dir, you could use anything as already said.

stevea
  • 2004/5/17 21:47

• stevea

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/14

Okay, I verified all HTML files were correctly copied over to my subdirectory (named xoops206). I still get the error message re: 'htmlSpecialChars' function. I started to modify the mainfile.php file directly, but the install process is certainly something I'd like to evaluate before choosing this CMS (I'm currently using Mambo). So, I decided to modify the 'htmlSpecialChars' function (line 96 of textsanitizer.php) to simply return the text argument(i.e. return $text).

This fixes all the initial startup screens and my mainfile.php file correctly lists the paths and db information. I'm thinking, cool, I'm on my way and should have this installed soon. Unfortunately, right after the database confirmation screen I get the following errors:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING' or `'('' in /<mypathhere>/xoops206/class/database/databasefactory.php on line 24

Fatal error: Class declarations may not be nested in /<mypathhere>/xoops206/class/database/mysqldatabase.php on line 55

Bummer. I might try again later, but one of the issues I'm having with Mambo is upgrades. The initial install was easy, but upgrading (with backend db changes) is somewhat painful. I was hoping XOOPS might have a better upgrade process, but I can't even get the initial install to work.

Dave_L
  • 2004/5/18 0:32

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

install/class/textsanitizer.php is the file you modified?

What's your PHP version?

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits