• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

phppp wrote:
installed and tested quickly for the new beta. Works fine except two problems,

2 groupaccess described as in
goupaccess include

What other modules do you have installed?

phppp
Re: WF-Section V2 Beta Now Released
  • 2004/5/4 16:52

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

at least newbb has a function EDIT:listGroups() in groupaccess.php

Not sure about other modules at this momonet.

perhaps it's a specific problem only for myself.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/4 17:42

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Can you check that newbb uses:

include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/include/groupaccess.php";

or

include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/include/groupaccess.php";

If it is just include change it to the first method and see what happens.

phppp
  • 2004/5/4 17:52

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

actually if all the modules use include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/include/groupaccess.php", it will work, as it is working for me.

The problem is, the new v2 beta of wfsection (I downloaded yesterday), not use include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/include/groupaccess.php", but include_once "WFSECTION/include/groupaccess.php". in this case, the listGroups() will be redeclared.

To solve it, I moved the groupaccess.php to XOOPS_ROOT/include and changed the WFSECTION/include/groupaccess.php to include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/include/groupaccess.php".

Anonymous
  • 2004/5/4 18:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
1 undefined WfsArticle::setApproved()

Copy following code to class/wfs_article.php around line 275

function setApproved$value )
    {

$this->approved $value;
    }

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/4 19:16

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

phppp wrote:
actually if all the modules use include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/include/groupaccess.php", it will work, as it is working for me.

The problem is, the new v2 beta of wfsection (I downloaded yesterday), not use include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/include/groupaccess.php", but include_once "WFSECTION/include/groupaccess.php". in this case, the listGroups() will be redeclared.

To solve it, I moved the groupaccess.php to XOOPS_ROOT/include and changed the WFSECTION/include/groupaccess.php to include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/include/groupaccess.php".

All my other modules will not be using the groupaccess features from now on and I won't be recoding WF-Sections thus.

Bender
  • 2004/5/4 19:39

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I just change my questions from several postings ago a little bit:

Is it itentional that in the properties of created sections the switch 'show on main menu' triggers the main menu and the 'WF-Section Menu'?

To explain:
I want my sections listed in a separate block:
- so i activate 'WF-Section Menu'. I set it to be shown on any page.

To get the sections shown in that block i have to activate
'show on main menu' in every sections definition.

But now i have the problem that when a user is actually on the wf-section page the separate block will be shown and additionally the categories are listed in the main menu.

Oh yes i could set the 'wf-section menu' block not to show when the user is on a wf-section page but i would like too keep the arrangement of blocks consistent for the users experience.

Any easy way around this or would i have to change the template which puts them in the main menu?

Bender
  • 2004/5/4 20:24

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Thanks for the pm Catz

Some other things noted: (more cosmetic kind ...))

Index Management

- there seem to be dummy entries in the defaults like 'werwerwer' and 'ertertert'

- it looks like it is by design that the defaults canĀ“t be deleted. If so then when you go to modify them maybe the 'Delete' button next to the 'save changes' on the bottom of the page should only be shown if the default switch says no.(?)

And one question:

On the 'main WF-Section (intro) page' is it possible to hide the featured article list?

brash
  • 2004/5/4 22:49

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Open the wfs_spotlight.php file and around line 56 comment this line:

$string = summarize($string);

I had removed this function, I actually meant to do this for this release but I never got the chance lol

Will do tonight when I get home. I would use the file manager from work except I am unable to specify upload folder (empty drop down menu), and when I goto upload the file I get a dir not selected error. Also in file manager there seems to be two rename file image icon links.

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

I am still working on this, Do you use Win XP? If you are, I believe that XP works differently with 'DOM' in that it is off by default. Not sure about this thou. I do know that the code I used worked perfectly with Win2k and I have unfortunately upgraded to Xp Yukk.

I've actually tried on two machines, and neither of them work . One machine runnning W2K SP4 with IE 5 and Office 2K, the other an XP SP1 with IE6 and Office XP. Maybe if I try upgrading the W2K machine to IE6?

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Which browser are you using? Spaw only works with IE5.5++ and this sounds like your using Mozzila or a non IE type browser here. Spaw uses IFRAME and makes heavy work of DOM etc etc

Ah, that'll be it then, I was using IE5. I've just tried using SPAW editor with IE 6 and the images are displayed as images now instead of links. Standard editor still has same problems in IE6. Might be an idea to put a little note in brackets in the config menu that SPAW requires IE5.5+ ?

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Well..... if you have time, could you see if all the module config options do what they are supposed to do?

Thanks again Brash

ATB

Catz

I will do, but I may have to bounce a few question off you to find out what the desired effect of some of the options are. I'll just have to sit down and have a good look through everything so I know exactly how it should all hang together. I'm loving what I see so far

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits