xgoof
Language editor
  • 2004/5/3 9:23

• xgoof

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/28

I would very much like to see a module in which you could edit the language files... this would make it easy to change bad translations online... when discovered.
And easy to translate modules not translated.

Herko
Re: Language editor
  • 2004/5/3 9:36

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I second that motion I have thought about this long and hard, but there aren't any preactical activities on this subject yet. I keep bringing it up with the developers tho

Herko

Mithrandir

I have thought about something like that, but it is just impractical to update the language files directly (i.e. chmod them to writable, find the correct file, inserting the correct translation in the correct spot)

The alternative would be to load all language constants into the database - but what if you cannot connect? Then you need some error message language constants not in the database, effectively splitting the language constants into two parts and adding to the confusion instead of helping.

If you can think of a feasible way to do this, then by all means, go ahead

Herko
  • 2004/5/3 9:45

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

One way would be to deal with laguage files the same way XOOPS deals with cahced templates: load them into the db, and write them to physical static files. Only when they are updated, you rewrite the static files again. That way, all th editing is done in the database, but the system reads from the static files. This also opens up possibilities for enhanced editing: double constants, missing languages, export of language files, import of language files, etc.

Herko

xgoof
  • 2004/5/3 10:52

• xgoof

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/28

Sounds really good, Herko....

go Herko, go Herko, go HerGo...HerGo...Hergo...

Herko
  • 2004/5/3 11:03

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Now, if I was a programmer or a XOOPS developer, I'd jump at this, but I am not... any takers?

Herko

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits