bimmer528
.css
  • 2004/4/30 0:01

• bimmer528

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/19

I installed phpbb forums from bbpixel.. How can I overide the default phpbb css. its messing things up on my site.. Or what do you guys reccomend for me to do.

http://ctf.toclan.org/pbboard/

Cheers

Stewdio
Re: .css
  • 2004/4/30 1:35

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

I also run ino this when installing third party php scripts that include external .css files, like Movable Type, PhpBB etc.

What you need to do is open your theme's .css file(s) and your pbboard css side by side and do a comparison for the table calls, Div and Class ID's. What you may start to see is that one style is overwriting another.

To aleviate this, you will need to edit one style or another, and change the name used for the Divs and classes. It takes a bit of time, but a carefull examination will reveal what is doing hat. Some trial and error is expected, but I'm sure you'll get it cleared up in no time once you determine which ID's are the culprits

Cheers

Stewdio
  • 2004/4/30 2:30

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

After I thought about it more I should have mentioned that it's preferable to change the theme .css. I have a tendancy to protect the orignal files css for just in case reasons. At least this is what has worked for me in the past.

Anyhow, hope it's all working out for you

*edit*

Or not. I just looked at your boards, maybe it may be easier to just change the css for them instead. Bah, I guess it doesn't matter so long as you get the results you want. I'm no .css ex-spurt, so you'll have to muddle around and see what you can achieve.

God I hope someone else chimes in and offers some input, like which ID's to change or something to help make your search a little easier...

Cheers!

bimmer528
  • 2004/5/1 3:54

• bimmer528

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/19

thx m8 :)

I had thought about doing that but wanted to ask to see if there was an easier way to do it :/

Login

Who's Online

58 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 58

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits