Bulls
Re: New Site?
  • 2004/4/28 0:50

• Bulls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/8 1

Yo

Think my site is firing on all cylinders now so to speak. Tis not really a complicated site but the collapsable menu was a little tricky to master. Also i have now had to rethink the method of browsing within my site. The sites were originally being neatly displayed in a frame but i found on browing myself that the visited sites were relying on cookies. Doh. Damn frames were not allowing them to function so no-one could buy anything hehe. Had to do a rapid rethink and rebuild. I quickly implemented controllable javascript windows which has made the site easier to handle infact and the cookies function again. Always something you haven't thought of! Site build is still progressing though that is the main thing and should eventually be quite something to see. Whether i can then get people to visit in large numbers is another thing but that makes it interesting i think - the challenge.

Cheers for taking a look at the site and commenting .

Bulls Sites-4u

Edit: Hi Bmmolloy - site is looking ok with Firefox now - including the forums. Took your advice and reworked the site a fair bit - cheers.

bmmolloy
  • 2004/4/28 0:59

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

Now that looks good. Yeah, getting your visitors is the hardest part. You just gotta be persistent I'm too lazy to build all that by hand so I use themes...hahaha

Bulls
  • 2004/5/4 22:18

• Bulls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/8 1

Hi

Well what started as a easy XOOPS site has now developed into quite a complicated site. I have a need to display other sites in such a way that people remain on my site. This has led me to where i am now. 'This' being a javascript/html main site housed within frames (i have made the frame bars invisible), with XOOPS behind it. I am able to pull in XOOPS elements as need be, such as the 'Contact us' email section. As the site settles i will pull in various other elements. All very interesting. The 3 forums i have used are phpbb2 forums with subforum hacks but i will now introduce XMB forums as well for other interests. I will be turning the site far more towards interested computer uses soon; with the inclusion of Shareware as well. Various links are still a little confusing (resizing the forums for example) and i will be cleaning this up very soon.

Forgive the first bland page as this will alter somewhat soon, though i must admit i kinda like it.

As soon as the site settles i will start storing XOOPS files for download .

Bulls
Sites-4u

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits