bmmolloy
Re: 7dana clean theme gives black page
  • 2004/4/26 21:53

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

With three of them giving blank pages, you might shoot an e-mail to the folks at 7dana.com and let them know you're having a problem. I'm not too sure how supportive they'll be if it's a free theme though.

I'm using 7dana-soft on my site. Here is what I did:

1. Upload 7dana-soft (or other) theme to /xoops/themes/. ( I didn't check the CH-MOD permissions.)
2. Go to System Admin -> Preferences, and make sure Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory? is set to "Yes".
3. Set your default theme to 7dana-soft.
4. Update every module under System Admin -> Modules.
5. Voila!

This is only what I did and it seemed to work fine. See it here.

rrbert
  • 2004/5/8 3:08

• rrbert

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/5 5

7dana problems fixed, thanks
Hi, thanks for the suggestions, it seems I was not carrying out the step of updating the modules (or maybe update module .html files wasn't set to yes). Anyhow, I dropped my database, did a fresh install, and now religiously update the modules after every theme change.
The 7dana themes work fine, although I still have to fix their permission problems.
rrbert

gman2004
  • 2004/6/6 5:41

• gman2004

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/4 7

I have the same problem - blank pages after installing nearly every theme I've downloaded (some work some don't) 7dana for example don't work - only ones that seem to work are defaults included w/Xoops. Although I did download a "gold" theme that worked. Don't think that one required an upload of template .. hmmmm. System: IIS 6, Win2003 Server, PHP 4.3.3.

File perms are fine (same perms as default theme dir)- directory structure is fine. Is this something to do with themes that also have the template upload thingy? (tar.gz file) you know the scoop. Perhaps that's not uploading correctly through the site? How would I check?

gman2004
  • 2004/6/6 5:49

• gman2004

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/4 7

OK researched further and found that in the templates_c dir - the themes were uploaded with 0K ... files went up fine but no info in the theme files in templates_c - surely causing the problem. Why would those tar.gz files upload that way?

Login

Who's Online

114 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 114

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits