yogiman
Getting a Xoops Installation Recognised In A Search Engine.
  • 2004/4/26 18:20

• yogiman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/7 1

Hi Everyone,

1. XOOPS Top Package!

2. I appear to be having quite a lot of trouble getting search engines to accecpt my XOOPS based site. Can anyone tell me if this is just me not feeding the correct information to the engine or if search engines have a niggle with the way XOOPS sets it's self up.

Hope this makes sence.

Best regards

yogiman!

Mithrandir
Re: Getting a Xoops Installation Recognised In A Search Engine.

I have no problems with any of my XOOPS sites being found by Google (don't know and don't really care about other search engines)

yogiman
  • 2004/4/26 20:57

• yogiman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/7 1

I agree, Google is the only search engine worth using!

Thanks for the post. I must be doing something wrong, I will back track and find my mistake.

Best Regards

Yogiman!

carnuke
  • 2004/4/26 21:04

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Google seems very capable of indexing XOOPS sites. This is because it has adopted a policy to index through query strings. This is not the case for many other S/Es. You need to go to CMSwatch if you want more details on this.

If you really want to prepare your site for maximum S/E friendliness, I suggest you look at implementing one of the short URLs hack by kenogui and Reynaldo. This requires the apache mod_rewrite module on your server, plus a short script and .htaccess file. Its all detailed in the hack. See THIS LINK

Just out of interest here... On my test site I have instructed NOINDEX NOFOLLOW and the googlebot is still sniffing around!

Richard

reynaldo
  • 2004/6/4 19:42

• reynaldo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/13

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
I have no problems with any of my XOOPS sites being found by Google (don't know and don't really care about other search engines)

Just my two cents.... Google used to be the Grand Ma of all the search engines, the only one who was important. This has changed a lot... A big part of google search traffic was coming from Yahoo and recently they split and Yahoo started using their own search engine database.

This was long expected and anticipated as they bought Inktomi, Altavista, Fast and Overture a long time ago.

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits