DonXoop
Re: A Final Question before I go to PhpNuke

Oh no. I now regret getting involved with the max threads. I never intended it to get like this. My karma is now low and I don't like that feeling. It didn't help max who is without hope anyway. Other users might put in the attempt to learn but an "idiots forum" won't be very appealing to them.

Please let this thread die before the Dali Llama sends me a PM.

hyapadi
  • 2004/4/26 12:31

• hyapadi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/31

Well... somebody should sacrifice for wealth of all the xoopers... hehehe. And.. one thing.... i don`t want to be the one whom sacrificed. ^^.

insane
  • 2004/4/28 10:02

• insane

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/4 3

this post is lame and funny. Most of ppl here are selftought, and if u really want automated content system like phpnuke that is full of bugs n vulns use it, but ull never learn and ur gonna stay uneducated for the rest of ur life, all i gotta say

Eagle67
  • 2004/4/28 11:01

• Eagle67

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/28

My 2 cents? phpNuke is 100 times harder to install and get up and running than most every other CMS i have installed. And i have been trying out quite a few lately. PostNuke, MDPro, eNvolution. Stopped in here to check this out before making my final decision. Each time i have tried to install phpNuke ive ended up having to manually replace several files after a SUCCESSFUL installation because of errors in the theming system.

Where as all the others i have tried at most i have had to chmod a couple of files that i missed.

Im assuming XOOPS will work the same as all the others i have tried.

Like most everyone here that has responded to you i learned all i needed to know just playing with the files to get stuff installed properly.

This may have been harder on me than most as i was doing this for a friends web hosting company and time was of the essence.

Go from a moderately web savvy Web page designer and try and set up DNS servers and get them registered, Install PHP, Install Mysql, get them talking to each other properly, Set up a cPanel for clients to use, Get frontpage extensions to work properly, add Bulletin Board systems of clients choice, etc. etc... All with a manual propped in front of you or with web help open in another window.

Its amazing how much you can learn reading help files of everything you are trying to do and then experimenting on your own.

My suggestion to you is get a good FTP program to deal with most of your stuff (CHMOD files and such) without having to use the often slow and sometimes confusing cPanel that alot of hosts use.

2nd Get to know that cPanel like you know your right (or left if you are a lefty) hand. By which i mean Intimately.

When you get to a certain point if you need help at least you can arm yourself with enough information so that you arent asking newbie questions and you may get a favorable response.

Anonymous
  • 2004/4/29 22:00

• Anonymous

• Since:

Well...

Maybe you all need to learn a lesson.
Something that annoys me is that nobody in this entire
forum (except some HELPFULL people) do not understand
the meaning of 'not understanding'

In english (coz some of you speak Japanese) i mean:
JUST COZ YOU KNOW XOOPS - OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T MEAN I AM
GOING TO KNOW STRAIGHT AWAY!

And why the f*** don't you think I read all the posts?
All you do is say "...cry cry cry max100 has no clue..."
SHUT UP!

If you are all to TALENTED and HARD then why do you hate phpnuke? .... arrrrrrr are you gonna cry coz you can't make a site with them?

arrrrr im sorry teddybears.

Well im off to another CMS, you might wanna note down the problems in this forum:
1. PEOPLE SPEND MORE TIME SCRATCHING THEIR C***
THAN ACTUALLY HELPING ANYONE
2. THE XOOPS TEAM AND PROs THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL
BUT REALLY THEY NO JACK.
3. QUICK! EVERYONE FIND A NEW CMS!! BEFORE XOOPS GETS ANYMORE UNPOPULAR!!
4. I FELL IMBARRISED WHEN TALKING TO CLANS, THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF XOOPS, ONLY PHPNUKE AND POST NUKE!! THATS
EVERYONE!...PHPNUKE has so many more modules, themes, backgrounds and a global community.

If its as crap as xoops.... my son (MaxJunior) may return
and follow in my painfull footsteps....

- The Legend of Max100, DVD & VHS from www.amazon.com

Mithrandir

Quote:

max100 wrote:

1. PEOPLE SPEND MORE TIME SCRATCHING THEIR C***
THAN ACTUALLY HELPING ANYONE

Not true. Lots of people spend a lot of time helping others. This, however, may be on subjects regarding XOOPS and not the use of FTP clients, what a webserver is and the like
Quote:

2. THE XOOPS TEAM AND PROs THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL
BUT REALLY THEY NO JACK.

We do not know everything, but we do know how to spell know
Quote:

3. QUICK! EVERYONE FIND A NEW CMS!! BEFORE XOOPS GETS ANYMORE UNPOPULAR!!

I have (as usual) no clue, what you mean with this statement
Quote:

4. I FELL IMBARRISED WHEN TALKING TO CLANS, THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF XOOPS, ONLY PHPNUKE AND POST NUKE!! THATS
EVERYONE!...PHPNUKE has so many more modules, themes, backgrounds and a global community.

Why are you embarrassed? They may only have heard of PostNuke and PhpNuke, but those two have been around longer (IIRC) and yes, there are so many more modules around - but it is my belief that XOOPS is better structured, easier to setup and has better code. Modules are coming - just as there are more and more programs for Linux, even though most people use Windows.

Have a nice life.

JackJ
  • 2004/4/29 22:48

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Looks like max is really just a nasty piece of work. Over a hundred help posts from nice people, and no gratitude at all, just damn criticism,

He can't follow simple instructions, so its everyone elses fault? Individuals bent over backwards to help him, and this is the result.

Some people don't have an aptitude for these things--so I am careful not to put them down. But these people are normally honest about their lack of knowledge. Max is not honest, just a bad person who takes, and takes, and does not give thanks--No real moral character or basic good manners. A put down merchant and we unfortunately rose to the occasion. The internet is full of them, should have recognised it sooner.

I take it all back DonXoop, tear him apart, he is all yours. (keep it clean though)

On the positive side, very few people should now have problems installing Xoops. Sites run by 5 year olds should be on the increase now....:)

We were mugs, but nice mugs..

CBlue

Oh...he'll be back. I've installed both postnuke and phpnuke in the past. They both were harder than XOOPS to install and he won't get much help from their support forums if he talks to them as he has with us.

Chainsaw
  • 2004/4/29 23:16

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

What can I say? He plays BF and am in a BF clan. Nuff said.

That's not to say BF is bad, in fact I know of a number of BF clan sites that use XOOPS. It's just that BF has a wide range of users with different maturity. And some of the lower maturity need a bit more civility before they will get any help from any CMS community be it XOOPS, phpNuke or Mambo.

davidl2
  • 2004/4/29 23:26

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits