• krobi

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/21

hi all

so i have a new question
how can i clone the headline modul?
i already tried it but as i see it use XOOPS system files

so how can i clone it?
i need it so view two different news on two differnt section, at the moment i use the headline modul for my beos news section (take a look )

and i want to use another news on the pc & modding news section, i see that the headline modul can display more news on the same time that no problem

but i want that the headline modul shows the news separate in each section so in the beos section only the "bebits software news" are displayed and in the pc & modding the "golem news" are displayed

i think the easiest way to handle it is to clone the headline modul or?

i hope you can help me

JackJ
Re: how to clone the headline modul?
  • 2004/4/25 14:17

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

In the "sql" file for the module you need to change the names of the database tables to avoid name clashes. Cloning a module involves opening each php and any relevant HTML file and changing all the paths and the names of the tables references. Path references amount to quite a few, important to get this right, easy to miss some

xoops_version.php in the module needs some changing of paths, including the name of the "module directory" and, name of the module.

I use "crimson editior", it has a "search in files" function, and excellent search and replace, I could never clone a module without it..:)

Try a search in google for "crimson editor"

for news their is some clones around

good luck

krobi
Re: how to clone the headline modul?
  • 2004/4/26 1:40

• krobi

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/21

yes i did it

i successfully cloned the headline modul
if someone like to have it tell me and i will post it, i also have two clones of the news modul

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits