bmmolloy
A simple article rating system?
  • 2004/4/25 3:55

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

Hi there,

I'm starting a website called Jack vs Jill, and I need some help from the XOOPS community...

As you can see from my work so far, I plan to hav a panel of 6 "Experts" give advice on a reader's question about dating, relationships, or sexuality. Here's the break-down of how I see it working:

1. User submits relationship question via "Submit Question" link. I am currently using the contact_plus module which should work fine. This part is done.
2. Message is sent to panel members. 3 men, 3 women. This also I can just do by e-mail.
3. Panel members return their advice via e-mail, so admins can edit before final post.
4. Admin makes a multi-page article. Reader question on 1st page, then one panel member's advice on each page after that. (7 total).
5. Readers then need some way to vote for their favorite piece of advice. I could just do this with a weekly poll, but I figure there is something out there already that can do this. Something like a vote at the end of the article with a list of panel member's names...I'm not sure what to do here.

I've tried Articles, Arms, wf-section, and none of these seem to be customizable to only allow voting. I don't want comments or any way for the user to change these. No extra features really...

carnuke
Re: A simple article rating system?
  • 2004/4/25 9:22

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

wfsections can be configured to show only ratings without comments, I think. Then use its "highest rated block" to display the most popular rated response.

Soapbox module also has ratings and allows users (your panel) to respond to the question in a form that you authorise before publication. In fact each Panel member has their own column of responses. You have a good idea here, take time to experiment with these modules because one of them will give you just what you want I think.

Look forward to seeing he site!!

Richard

bmmolloy
  • 2004/4/25 16:25

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

Thanks Richard,

It looks like Soapbox is much more the type of module I am looking for. I'm just going to link to the separate articles froma custom block in center center on top page. Check it out...

I've still got to work out some things like viewing the archives and other things, but I think I'm almost ready to go...

Thanks again for your help. I love XOOPS.

riaanvdb
  • 2004/4/25 17:09

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Hi bmmolloy, Your idea sounds great, I am currently working on the myReviews module that could possibly help you. Have a look it, is all about reviews ratings and votes.

Grotmis
Riaan
CraftsOnline

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits