myc1229
Need help on finding a file
  • 2004/4/21 21:56

• myc1229

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/10

Hi all, I'm using a theme I downloaded from somewhere and made some modifications to the css to change color and background. Now I run into one problem.
When posting a comment to a news article, the page shows a table with 2 parts, first part display the news article and lower part is the comment posting form. This table or just the first part uses the class "outer", but I added a background image to the "outer" class in css. The problem is I don't want that background to show in THIS table (the background shows in the news article part).
I have looked into files tried to find where it defines style for this table, but I just get lost with all the phps and includes. This page is generated from file comment_new.php under news module along with other included files, I did find the file that generates the first part of the table but it doesn't define style, so it must be somewhere else. But where? I need to find it so I can change it to use some style other than "outer", can anyone point me to the right way? Many thanks.

philou
Re: Need help on finding a file
  • 2004/4/22 4:08

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

Hi,

In fact you must change the template for the notification system.

You can edit the template : /modules/system/templates/system_comment.html

also notice that all comments on your XOOPS were modified by your change.

After this you should do an update for the system module to see the modification.
(admin panel/modules/ and clic on the button update)

myc1229
  • 2004/4/22 7:23

• myc1229

• Just popping in

Thanks Philou, I looked at system_comment.html, but it's for displaying comments, my problem has to do with posting new or reply to comments. I did more search and it seems it's done by calling the function "themecenterposts", but I can't find where this function is defined.
For now I just have to use inline style to override the who-knows-where defined class, it doesn't 100% does what I want (only works on the text cell that I can define, not the whole table) but it has to do for now. I will keep looking.
Thanks for your help.

chapi
  • 2004/4/22 8:06

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

The function "themecenterposts" can be found in the following file ..

include/old_theme_functions.php

myc1229
  • 2004/4/22 9:28

• myc1229

• Just popping in

Thank you, that solve my problem!

Login

Who's Online

116 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 116

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits