mwooldri
Bible Module "hacked" for xoops
  • 2004/4/21 18:47

• mwooldri

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/21

This is probably the wrong place for this posting, but I can't find anything else suitable.

I like xoops. Decided I want to use it for the new site I am building for my church. A church website needs an online bible, IMO. So, is there a online bible module for XOOPS that I can find? Nope. Is there an online bible in php? Yes, there's PHP-Scripture. That's already available athttp://bible.comclub.org/. Could I marry the two together? Well, my PHP skills are non existent. Thanks to the guy who wrote the very basic Horoscope script that is available from this site, I managed to i-frame PHP-Scripture initially, and then played with the PHP-Scripture a bit (well, added a few lines) and "made it work" in xoops. I don't know anything about smarty themes, and I know it probably won't work well for everyone out of the box.

For what it's worth, the work is available at http://www.jubilee-holiness.org/PHPScripture_4_Xoops.zip it's not referenced anywhere except here. I am working big-time on the church site so version 1.0 of the site is up (basically a frame to an orgsites.com site) but my handiwork is available for viewing at jubilee-holiness.org/xp/ for now. It should move to the main site when I am done with it, which I have no deadline for (hehe).

Have a nice day and God bless you all.

Mark Wooldridge.

riaanvdb
Re: Bible Module "hacked" for xoops
  • 2004/4/21 20:19

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Hi Mike, I was looking for a generic Bible module that can handle multiple language and bible versions like e-sword. It should be compatible with their scripture formats as these are distributed free. I am currently working on the myReviews module, but I feel that when that module is stable this one would be a worthwhile module to create. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, maybe someone else is already busy with such a module How about it guys...

Grotmis
Riaan

mpowell
Re: Bible Module "hacked" for xoops
  • 2004/4/21 20:50

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/10

I see that phpBible already has mods for php-Nuke and xaraya. How hard would it be to port these over to xoops? I would be willing to try this if there is a tutorial somewhere.

mpowell

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits