Coplan
PHPSESSID showing up in news module links
  • 2004/4/21 2:57

• Coplan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/2

I'm getting one that might be a system bug. In the news module, there are those links at the bottom to view additional pages (1, 2, 3, etc) the PHPSESSID is showing in the links on my site. They don't show on the XOOPS site (go figure, the broken appliance always works for the repair man).

Any idea what causes that? I didn't hack any modules, especially the news engine.

Could this possibly be a PHP system option causing problems?

I'm using XOOPS 2.0.6 on a Debian (stable) linux box running PHP 4.3.3

DaBoyz
Re: PHPSESSID showing up in news module links
  • 2004/4/21 8:01

• DaBoyz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/8 1

Normally, this case occures when it failed to create a cookie file on your computer ... so it uses the adress link to store it.

Coplan
  • 2004/4/21 12:36

• Coplan

• Just popping in

In other words, if the user doesn't allow cookies, it stores it in the URL?

But when I test the page, I'm allowing cookies. There's gotta be some other issue at hand, as if the test isn't working, or something.

Coplan
  • 2004/4/22 3:37

• Coplan

• Just popping in

So I was able to get rid of PHPSESSID, or so I thought.

There's an option in the General Preferences Admin panel called 'Use Custom Session'. If I uncheck that, it dissappears. Now I don't know what that option is really for -- I thought it allowed logins. But people can still log in. What is that option for?

So I pull up the web page now, regardless of whether or not I'm logged in, and the PHPSESSID tags are missing. But then I go to W3C's Validator, and it still sees it. I'm completely baffled by that one. I checked my source....it's not there.

So I'm even more baffled now than I was before. And Validator still spits out a bunch of erors pertaing to the PHPSESSID tag -- and only the PHPSESSID tag.

SteaG
  • 2004/9/8 14:09

• SteaG

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/1 2

Hi,

Hm, yes I know that's quite an old topic, but maybe it will help someone :

I have noticed that if you add the full path in the templates (eg : "<{$xoops_url}>/modules/mylinks/visit.php" instead of the default "visit.php"), the PHPSESSID disappears (and that makes the W3C validator happy ).

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits