javelin
Entry Form
  • 2004/4/20 18:30

• javelin

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/11

I want to create an entry form for an event via a main menu button and display the current entries in a block.

I have currently got the entry form and entries list outside Xooops and it was created using Golive
HEREand HERE

Is there a module that can help me?
It would be so much nicer to integrate this into the XOOPS site I am building HERE rather than having it on the outside

krayc
Re: Entry Form
  • 2004/4/20 20:29

• krayc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

When I first started using Xoops, in Jan, I looked for just such a thing, and so far no luck.

Formulaire, creates forms and stores the 'Form definitions' in a database, but the forms when filled out get emailed or PM'd to the webmaster.

I was planning of expanding formulaire to use as a basis for what you want, but have yet to get up to speed on Xoops, and php to do it.

krayc

javelin
  • 2004/4/21 0:11

• javelin

• Not too shy to talk

Come on then Guys, there must be more of you out there who need to make online forms and report the results online.

Help us out.

BoDGie
  • 2004/4/21 0:46

• BoDGie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/4 1

Simply make a module and on one page have the registration form elements and make them post to a table in the database.

On the second page have your list of entrys form elements and then populate them from the database.

If you really have no idea what you're doing i can whip up some starting code for you.

krayc
  • 2004/4/21 2:07

• krayc

• Not too shy to talk

I will take you up on that offer.
If I had some model code I'm sure I and others could figure it out.

What I don't know is how to bring this together into a module? yet that is.

I believed that formulaire as a front end would a good start, since it already creates forms and display them, the missing piece in 'formualaire' is creating tables based on the form (and adjustments made to the forms, etc)

So if I start with formulaire, I first need to create table, by reading the form definition.

Then I need to display the contents of the table.

Refining this would be to allow for changes to the form, thus changes to the data tables.

But the nut of the issue is not only creating tables, fields etc on the fly and bringing it all together with templates.

But I'm game to start working on it.

To that end I've applied for a new project at dev.xoops.org called XoopDBase.

I'm more than happy to manage the project and see it through. But I will need some skilled php/xoopsers to assist in code review and design, and best practices within XOOPs.

krayc

script_fu

This is a very interesting post. I would like to help beta test this anytime you need someone. I wish I had the time now to study this more but work calls. I will give some input and hopefully be able to help out after I study up on this. My php is not very good but the heart is in the right place!

Xoops!

krayc
  • 2004/4/21 3:38

• krayc

• Not too shy to talk

thanks script_fu, I will file away your userid :)

krayc

krayc
  • 2004/4/21 15:21

• krayc

• Not too shy to talk

For those monitoring this thread, there is now a new project at dev.xoops.org called XoopsDBase.

I will manage the project, but obviously it will move forward with help from others.

As it gets clear on the design strategy, I intend to produce a design document, that doesn't mean people can't hack and prototype and learn from independent work, but in the long run a module like this needs to have some advance thought. Such as making it as Object-Oriented as possible, anticipating features in advance and building a lot of flexibility into the design up front. learning from the lessons of the other more experience module builder and hopefully the Core Dev Team.

I'm looking forward to working with anyone who willing to create an 'exemplar' XOOPS module, my wish is that the design document becomes the 'documentation' so the documentation is there at each step of the way.

My experience is that this requires a bit of patience and willingness to co-create software, not that I intend to make this a design heavy process upfront, but using more of an extreme programming approach. Even rapid development needs some guiding design.

krayc

javelin
  • 2004/4/22 0:46

• javelin

• Not too shy to talk

I'm not sure if I can be of any help as I am essentially a cut and paster and avid reader of this forum when things go wrong
BUT
I'd really like to help, fetch and carry, make the tea, iron your socks.

Let me know and I'll do my best.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits