HBlinky
Newbie Theming
  • 2004/4/17 13:57

• HBlinky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/1 1

Hi, I hope this is the right place to post rather than the newbie forum, but this is solely about themes, so.....

I have three quick questions. I've looked around, tried and tested, but I can't figure them out. Any help would be most appreciated right now !

Firstly, I'd like to sort out a gap that exists between the block title and block content. My top block (users online) is fine, the rest have the gap. I'd rather they all look like the top block. The gap between blocks is good.

Secondly, the Main and User menu's are quite wide compared to the rest of the menu. I'd like to even them out.

Thirdly, there is a grey border round the afore mentioned menu's, which doesn't go away even after I have removed all borders in the CSS.

Here's the site I'm working on: www.stoopidnews.com/modules/news/

Thanks so much for any advice you may be able to offer.

CBlue
Re: Newbie Theming

You can edit your main menu and user menu in your style.css to have the same style settings as used by your other blocks. The other blocks usually use the "outer" style. You can find out what style function they are using by going to your blocks admin and clicking on edit by the block you want them to look like and then clicking on the edit template. There it should have a style named, like outer, and you can then look for the outer setup in your style.css and copy what it says there to your main menu and user menu settings. Play around with it until you get it looking like the other blocks.

Just make sure you save a backup copy of your style.css in case you mess up bad and need the original back.

HBlinky
  • 2004/4/17 15:44

• HBlinky

• Just popping in

I've just gone through my blocks admin, but it gives no indication as to what styles the block is using.

I traced that back through the source of a page in my browser, and it uses a few different properties through td's and div's. I've played with all of them, but I'm beginning to think there's something I've missed entirely.

Any other ideas ? Thanks a lot for your help thus far !

kahumbu
  • 2004/4/17 16:07

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Maybe this link can help.

HBlinky
  • 2004/4/20 3:56

• HBlinky

• Just popping in

Thanks, that link was a lot of help.

I was indeed playing with the default theme rather than creating my own, and hadn't checked all of my CSS evidently.

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits