mattdbd
User Info stretching across the screen
  • 2004/4/16 18:51

• mattdbd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/16

I have customized XOOPS to use at my site at www.mattkapko.com
I have deleted the code for the right menu in my theme.html file and am only using a left menu. Everything works great, but for some reason when I click on my name to see user info, the tables with the users information stretch too wide across the screen. I've tried changing their widths and everything else I could find in the style.css sheet and the theme.html page.

Can anybody offer advice on this?
I basically learned XOOPS from reading this forum and implementing it to my site. I've been able to make it look how I want (still having minor problems in Mac) and I'm slowly try to fix things I couldn't figure out along the way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

mattdbd
Re: User Info stretching across the screen
  • 2004/4/16 19:51

• mattdbd

• Just popping in

Essentially, I'm trying to find out how to take the right side table out of my userinfo page. I've been able to find the code and take out code that pulls up the variables, but the table still shows up...
look here:http://mattkapko.com/userinfo.php?uid=1

ackbarr

the html code that makes up the userinfo page is available to edit using "System" -> "Templates". In the module list, click on "System" then look for system_userinfo.html

* You will have to make a clone the default template set before you can modify them. Don't forget to set your cloned template set as the default one in "System" -> "Preferences" -> "General Settings"

kahumbu
  • 2004/4/16 20:37

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Quote:

mattdbd wrote:
Essentially, I'm trying to find out how to take the right side table out of my userinfo page.

I hope you're not doing this within userinfo.php.

As ackbarr said, do it from system_userinfo.html.

If you did, check your changes. I found this inside the HTML code of the link above:
<td align="cente
r" 
class="even">0</td>

You may have pressed an 'enter' somewhere in your template, or may have commented some parts.

mattdbd
  • 2004/4/17 18:45

• mattdbd

• Just popping in

I followed these directions and somehow royally screwed up my site. Look here: www.mattkapko.com
I cloned the default template set, then set the new cloned set as the template set, then editted the system_userinfo.html file and submitted it, then the entire Web site got messed up somehow. SO, I went and changed the default template set back to the original default and deleted the cloned set. My site is still totally messed up.
I'm not sure what I did to mess with the entire site. Any help or advice?
Of course I try to change a tiny thing and it turns into a big ol mess.

mattdbd
  • 2004/4/17 19:07

• mattdbd

• Just popping in

I have turned the site off for now.
What I am thinking is that since I learned on this site, it was only a matter of time before some code somewhere got corrupted. So, thankfully I did a full backup of my site yesterday through my control panel.
What I would like to do is do a fresh, new install of XOOPS unless there is a way to fix what seems like a major problem on my site. There are no graphics, all of my customizations in css and the theme.html don't seem to be there.
I'm just concerned because I don't want to lose all of the customizations I did on my site. I hope that the backup will have all of that.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Login

Who's Online

109 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 109

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits