domineaux
Marquee horz scroll for boards and site - looking for this mod
  • 2004/4/16 19:16

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

I built an XOOPS 1+ site with a horizontal scroll, which was an instant notification between users online. I pieced it together as I recall from the Innconneu scroll and a guest book. The scroll maintained about 10 messages scrolling continually. FIFO was the rule for scrolling messages.

Regardless, has anyone done a mod for 2.0.6 that has a small entry box for user to user communication via a scrolling marquee. It's not like a chat.

How it works. User1 clicks open a small entry box, types in a message that goes out for all users online to view. Whenever user2 sees a message of interest scrolling...user2 clicks anywhere on the scrolling message and a popup entry box opens and user2 enters a response. The response is immediately forwarded to user1.(not to the scrolling marquee). The message on the scrolling marquee is instantly deleted from the scroll upon the proper user's clickon the scrolled text.

It's a real slick mod, and users love it. Especially on forums, on a line just below the header. Users don't have to PM to contact someone.

Also, it's good for just putting some general question and anyone on the boards can respond, if open response is pre-set when the message is created and put for scroll.

Additionally, when there are no comms between users the marquee just scrolls with the latest topic subjects posted on the forums. When a user clicks on a scrolling topic the user is immediately linked to the relative posting, but the scrolling topic text continues to scroll.

The scrolling messages between users are a different color than scrolling topics from the forums.

I did see a news scrolling marquee tool recently, which is similar, but that is a conventional tool. I'm talking about an un-conventional tool here.

Login

Who's Online

372 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 372

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits