risto
Template files vs templates in DB
  • 2004/4/14 9:59

• risto

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/4/16

I’m wondering if there is a way of using templates as files insted of having to update the module every time i edit a templae. It would save a lot of time for me.

Herko
Re: Template files vs templates in DB
  • 2004/4/14 10:06

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

If you edit the templates using the Template Manager in the System admin -> Templates, then you don't have to update the module every time you edit a template. The changes take effect immediately (after the cached time is expired).

Herko

chapi
  • 2004/4/14 10:34

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

You can also activate "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" in your General Settings.

After that, template file modifications should take effect immediately too.

Mithrandir

No, Chapi, you are not correct there.

That will only update THEME files and theme-specific module templates from the theme folder. Not templates in the module's own folders.

risto
  • 2004/4/15 8:24

• risto

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/4/16

Thanx anyway. The template are too big for editing in textarea fields, for now......

thanx anyway

Mithrandir

What I do is change the templates, upload the templates, go to module administration and update the module and then I DO NOT LEAVE THAT PAGE where it writes about config settings and templates etc.

Instead I open a new window to see the changes, work further on the files, upload the files and then go to the module admin window and just press F5 (in which case it asks me if I want to resend the POST data, which I will) and woof, the module is updated again.

Dave_L
  • 2004/4/15 12:15

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
That will only update THEME files and theme-specific module templates from the theme folder. Not templates in the module's own folders.

Actually, that config setting sets XoopsTpl::compile_check to true, which should cause all Smarty templates to be recompiled if they've changed.

chapi
  • 2004/4/15 13:53

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

Yes, with that config setting, the templates in the module folders were also recompiled. So probably this is a hidden feature?

Login

Who's Online

386 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 386

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits