Erwinrom
Bug or not?
  • 2004/4/14 15:24

• Erwinrom

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/22

I think i found a bug, when someone send a news articel with the newssubmit and you deleted that message because it's not good or something. The next news articel is no longer on good order in the database.

example: User send a news articel with newsid. 2. I deleted the message, en when i post an new one it haves newsid 3. That's causes o hole in the database.

But when i change the news artikel with the link : ***** /modules/news/article.php?storyid=2 and i post it, it gets newsid 4 and the poster of the articel is: Guest :-S That's not good i think.

Sorry for my bad english

Herko
Re: Bug or not?
  • 2004/4/14 16:30

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The ID's for news posts shouldn't shift in order to 'fill up holes' in the database, so the fact that it doesn't do that, isn't a bug. The reason for this is that links are made to that news post, and they should be as static as possible, to keep them current. Also, 'holes' do not exist in the database, it is just that one field (the news item ID), isn't çomplete' anymore.

As for the change of poster to guest, what did you do to change the news post? Exactly, so we can see if it is a bug or not.

Herko

Erwinrom
Re: Bug or not?
  • 2004/4/14 17:18

• Erwinrom

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/22

That's happends when i what to edit the deleted post, for filling the holes in the database.

Login

Who's Online

358 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 358

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits