TechStep
installation problems
  • 2004/4/14 7:27

• TechStep

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/14

I have installed XOOPS and can get to the user.php page. I have also added in various modules etc in the admin page.

but as soon as I log in if I try and get to any of the modules I get "you are not authorised to view this page"

I can't view index.php either. and when I click on the "home" button I get the same error as above

Also.

In the add/edit module section I get the following error (just above the section where you pick the new modules)

Module File for _vti_cnf Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!

It seems that the database part of the site is working ok but the modules are not been generated. If you could help me solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Herko
Re: installation problems
  • 2004/4/14 7:31

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:
Module File for _vti_cnf Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!

_vti_cnf is a Microsoft Frontpage folder. Did you upload the files, or edit any of the files using Frontpage? XOOPS runs quite well without Frontpage, and since FP adds a lot of code to the files you edit, and folders of it's own, it can screw up a XOOPS powered site...

Herko

TechStep
  • 2004/4/14 8:02

• TechStep

• Just popping in

I didn't touch any of the files with microsoft frontpage.

What do you mean by upload the files?

That was one of the options in the adminstrator screen and I did click it when I was trying to get everything to work.

Although frontpage never started up and it is not my default editor in the firstplace

TechStep
  • 2004/4/14 8:17

• TechStep

• Just popping in

Ok I have figured out why I keep getting a blank page. I did not set up IIS to automatically add index.php to the end of a url.

1 problem solved.

All I would like to do now is to get rid of that error message.

Herko
  • 2004/4/14 10:12

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Remove all _vti_conf folders from the /modules/ folder (and anywhere else you see them), that should work for starters. And make sure all modules you have added have the correct module structure: there always should be a xoops_version.php file in the /modules/yourmodule/ folder. If it is like this: /modules/yourmodule/yourmodule/xoops_version.php, then it is wrong, and you get the error message you have.

Herko

TechStep
  • 2004/4/15 0:54

• TechStep

• Just popping in

Yep that worked.

Thnaks for the help.

Now to stylesheets.....

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits