rickh
scores-module for sports clubs
  • 2004/4/9 6:49

• rickh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/9 6

Hello,

I'm looking for a module for sports clubs to note scores of played games.

It wont have to be very advanced. Just a form which allows you to easily add scores.

grtz

Mithrandir
Re: scores-module for sports clubs

Do a search here for leaguestats and look at Risto's site

risto
  • 2004/4/28 15:24

• risto

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/4/16

I'v been thinking abit, about league stats. what are your thoghts on rss feeds for parts of this module? they would be optional. Im very intrested in what people think.

Mithrandir

RSS feed of e.g. the minitable would be good, I think.

zebedee
  • 2004/4/28 20:33

• zebedee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/28

I am new to XOOPS which is fab by the way, just playing around with all the modules at the moment but I am building a site for a rugby club.

I have installed the module TPLLeagueStats which is good however I have been thinking about trying to learn more about XOOPS by trying to build a module that does fixtures but also player stats for a team. The idea being that you can keep track of trys, penalties, drop goals, substitutions, yellow/red cards etc of each player over the season.

I also found a good add on to PHPBB which is a prediction/fantasy league that users of your site can take part in. So now have started thinking if I could incorporate this too ? I keep getting loads of ideas and the module in my head seems to be getting a rather complex, I should probably start simple and get to grips with the XOOPS core ... Any thoughts on my ideas ? I am pretty sure there isn't anything like this for XOOPS yet but if anyone knows any different let me know.
Ta

DonXoop

This looks interesting but for me I have a different need. I'll ask anyone that is familiar with the module to give some insight.

This is for a car club focused on organized grassroots racing.

I have a need to present an ongoing tally for a season ending draw. The "Team" column would be the entered driver's names (site users), "Pts" could be the current total of completed events, the other columns would be the race season events.

Someone would update the data each week. Each event a driver completes is one point towards the final total. At the end of the season we have a draw for a winner. The winnings page doesn't have to be part of the module.

Is this module flexible enough to change it's function and easy enough admin to delegate to a user?

Or do I have this module completly wrong?

risto
  • 2004/4/29 6:46

• risto

• Not too shy to talk

zebedee, thats kind of what I'm working on.

So far I can for players fet the following data.
goals,
when they typicaly score,
how long they play (minutes)
yellow cards,
and red cards

lists are generated

top scorers
yellow card red cards

and lots of teams data. stats
look around at flashjab.com

zebedee
  • 2004/4/29 12:02

• zebedee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/28

risto ..
I like the site, are you trying to make this in to a module, if so are you adapting the TPLLeague module or creating from scratch ?
And are the 'players' linked to users in XOOPS at all ?

All these questions .... sorry ;)
good work anyway

risto
  • 2004/4/29 21:42

• risto

• Not too shy to talk

Well I started off with TPLLeague. But its very diferent now. It is a module. just wont to fix some issues before releasing it.pleyers are not users. The data here is real top norwegian league. I whish they all where users. lol

But when I'm finished with the beta I'd like som responce. looking forward to hearing more from you.

Sugestions are appriciated.

-----------------------------
If you find spelling mistakes, you can keep them.

wpender
  • 2004/7/7 18:50

• wpender

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/17

risto,

I have tried to register on your flashjab.com site and it says it can't register new user. I just thought you would like to know...

wpender

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits