carnuke
Some help moving my site please?
  • 2004/4/8 17:59

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I am moving my entire site to another server. I have an error message as follows when accessing index pageQuote:
Warning [PHP]: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user: 'houseof@localhost' (Using password: YES) in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 72
Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

I have completely configured mainfile.php, set perms, cleared cache and templates_c and imported the db. Any suggestions as to waht this looks like please?

Thanks Richard

Jan304
Re: Some help moving my site please?
  • 2004/4/8 18:09

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

I should check your MySQL username and pass if I was you, since XOOPS cannot login in mysql.

Only thing that can be wrong at this moment.

phppp
  • 2004/4/8 18:09

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

sorry but a stupid question: have you set the username and password for MySQL correctly?

carnuke
  • 2004/4/8 18:18

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Thanks for the feedback... yes the username and password does seem the most likely problem. I have checked, of course. Originally the site was in a sub-dir of the old servers root and I have now put it in the root of the new server. But all this should be addressed in mainfile. I recheck it all again

Richard

phppp
  • 2004/4/13 15:42

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
Thanks for the feedback... yes the username and password does seem the most likely problem. I have checked, of course. Originally the site was in a sub-dir of the old servers root and I have now put it in the root of the new server. But all this should be addressed in mainfile. I recheck it all again

Richard

Carnuke, have you found out the cause?
I learnt that many sites using php+mysql had this problem in early April ...

Login

Who's Online

1074 user(s) are online (276 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 1073

bccurran,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!