sud_crow
How to block certain avatars to certain users...?
  • 2004/4/7 7:00

• sud_crow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/18

I want to block access to the avatars that the webmasters/mods use, while leaving the users to choose among the others i uploaded... How can i accomplish this?? I already tried the "Make visible" (or similar) Yes and No function when uploading the image, but it didnt worked...

Also i would like to know where can i upload via FTP the avatars so i dont have to upload them manually...

Thanks in advance!

pdaddict
Re: How to block certain avatars to certain users...?
  • 2004/4/7 10:02

• pdaddict

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/6 1

1) I don't think it's possible to hide avatars, even though there's a hide option. Try allowing uploads, or giving moderators acces to the imagemanager, where they can upload their avatar, and link to it, if you don't want to allow uploads to everyone.

2) ftp: xoopsroot/uploads
hack:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15945&forum=14&post_id=78783#forumpost78783

sud_crow
  • 2004/4/18 2:22

• sud_crow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/18

Finally i found the post :)

1) I dont understand then, why is there the option if its not posible to do it?
I already allow uploads, thought this doesnt make the moderators image to hide :) it becames available to all.
I dont want to block upload to everyone, i like ppl to have their own avatar, bue if this is the only option then i will consider it.

2) For what i see on the thread the hack works with WF-Sections only, and i have XF-Sections in my site :( bad luck until the XOOPS developers add the function to upload several avatars at once or modify the hack to work in 2.0.6 without WF-Sections...

Thanks for the help

323-Freak
  • 2005/7/1 19:27

• 323-Freak

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/26

still no option to hide avatars the ey

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits