marcan
getConfValueForOutput() and conf_valuetype
  • 2004/4/5 19:41

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

I'm not a pro coder (yet ) so I'm not sure but here's what I found.

In /kernel/configitem.php, in the getConfValueForOutput() function, there is a CASE statement. In that statement, one of the case is 'textarea'. This is weird because in xoops_config table, there is no conf_valuetype that match 'textarea'. I think that the 'textarea' mentionned in the previous function should be changed for 'text'. That is actually a value of conf_valuetype in the above mentionned table.

I found that because I wanted to pass the xoops_footer in the textsanitizer. When I included that in the 'textarea' case, nothing happened. When I changed the 'textarea' to 'text', it worked like a charm !!!

Now, as I said earlier, I'm not a coder, and I'm messing around with the krenel . So can someone from the core developpement team tell me if I'm right or wrong and if this change will have an impact on something else.

Thanks !

Mithrandir
Re: getConfValueForOutput() and conf_valuetype

xoops_config table holds the config items on your site - so theoretically, you could have an entire site without int as conf_valuetype, but that doesn't mean that it is wrong to have it

However, in this case I think you have found something

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits