madsen
Can't delete users in webmaster group!
  • 2004/2/8 0:07

• madsen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/24

Is there some special procedur that I have to follow to erase a user (not the last one) in the webmaster group in 2.0.6?
Becourse I can't...can't even erase the user completly...

//Madsen

Jan304
Re: Can't delete users in webmaster group!
  • 2004/2/8 10:43

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

This is a new protection in XOOPS 2.0.6 to project admins to be removed by other admins. Remove person from group first, and then remove person itself.

And btw, next time if you upgrade, read upgrade information carefully...

madsen
  • 2004/2/8 18:50

• madsen

• Just popping in

Quote:
This is a new protection in XOOPS 2.0.6 to project admins to be removed by other admins. Remove person from group first, and then remove person itself. And btw, next time if you upgrade, read upgrade information carefully...

If you had taken the time to actually READ my post before writing this smartass reply, then you would have noticed that my problem is that I can't remove a user from the webmaster group!

And you, I did read the upgrade information before and I saw that this "new protection" is included. However there is no additional "how-to's" regarding different procedur to "remove users from webmaster group."

Anyone else having this problem?

//Madsen

Jan304
  • 2004/2/8 22:01

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Yes idd I'm the smartass. Cool huh...

No serious, you might wanne upload the main.php from the previous version untill there is a fix. Goodluck with it.

Mithrandir

Quote:

madsen wrote:
If you had taken the time to actually READ my post before writing this smartass reply, then you would have noticed that my problem is that I can't remove a user from the webmaster group!
//Madsen

This is a joke, right? You use "delete" and "erase" and expect us to know that you cannot remove a user from a user group... geez.

madsen
  • 2004/2/9 20:58

• madsen

• Just popping in

Quote:
Yes idd I'm the smartass. Cool huh...
No serious, you might wanne upload the main.php from the previous version untill there is a fix. Goodluck with it.

Thanks Jan304!
I read that in another tread as well...
Thank you for taking the time to answer my apparently not so clear question...

//Madsen

madsen
  • 2004/2/9 21:06

• madsen

• Just popping in

Quote:
This is a joke, right?
You use "delete" and "erase" and expect us to know that you cannot remove a user from a user group... geez.

No it was not a joke.
But I don't wan't to get in a "pissing contest" with "The great and almighty Mithrandir"...

<swedish>
Eftersom du tydligen finns i Köpenhamn och jag bor i Malmö så skriver jag en rad på Svenska som du antagligen förstår. Tyckte du verkligen att min rubrik var så svår att förstå? Jag trodde faktiskt att jag hade uttryckt mig klart nog, men där ser man.
</swedish>

//Madsen

Mithrandir

No pissing contest intended, but it was indeed not very clear. Removing a user from a usergroup and erasing/deleting are quite different things.

We normally try to read posts thoroughly before responding, sometimes it fails, but even with a re-read I don't find your initial post very clear. But that's cleared up now, I just reacted to the "if you had taken the time..."

OmSite
  • 2004/4/4 5:06

• OmSite

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

So.. i'm in the same boat as madsen, in that i've a few people in the webmaster group who's lives have become too busy to deal with the responsability (and the deluge of registration emails) and consequently would like to be removed from the webmaster group.

I'm running 2.0.6 as well, and when I try to remove them, i click on submit and get a blank page.

I've tried using both sql and php debugging, but they don't even come up.

HELP!!!

(btw.. when removing someone from a group.. the button does say delete.. so I'm sure that may have caused some confusion)

phppp
  • 2004/4/5 22:35

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits