mrtwice
xoops_version.php called when -- by what -- if ??
  • 2004/3/31 18:42

• mrtwice

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/29

I am modifying the articles module and would like to know what criteria makes the xoops_version.php file get included when a page is loaded. If the module is active is it always loaded? Is it only loaded when the module is installed and its variables stored in the database?

I hope you get my drift and thanks for answering.

Catzwolf
Re: xoops_version.php called when -- by what -- if ??
  • 2004/3/31 20:15

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

The xoops_version.php is called everytime by XOOPS when the module is installed and active. The item' such as Module[config] and templates are stored within the database, but other item will be accessed in realtime (as such).

I think I can honestly say I was one of the first to realise that this file could be used more than it is and can be used for much more.

sottwell
  • 2004/6/25 15:53

• sottwell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/23

Is this documented? I would also like to know more about it.

Mithrandir

a module's xoops_version.php is read when the XoopsModule::getInfo() method is invoked.

This method is invoked on module installation/update/uninstall and by the main menu block - for active modules with a weight above zero and a main menu item. Also notification items in xoops_version.php are read by notification functions, comment items by comment functions.

You cannot rely on xoops_version.php to execute code for you on every page, if that is what you want.

Login

Who's Online

119 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 119

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits