nesbitt
Re: iMenu
  • 2004/3/26 21:19

• nesbitt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/25

Thanks again for teh replies. I have also just copied multiMenu onto my server and it is doing exactly the same thing (ie: Nothing) - it does not appear in the list of modules - Is it possible that there is a problem with my host that would cause this ? -

ukandrewf
  • 2004/3/29 14:11

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

I've been using XOOPS for quite a while but I've now encountered the same problem identified here.

ie. install a module and it doesn't appear in the list of modules available to be installed.

I'm running the latest version of xoops.

I tried installing freecontent final, imenu and multimenu all of which didn't appear in my list of modules.

I tried uninstalling modules and then deleting their directories all of this worked exactly as expected. But the new modules just won't show up.

I updated the system module too no joy.

Andrew

actually I just noticed something - I use cute ftp for ftp. When looking at the module folder properties the other folder show 'folder' but the new fold (in my case freecontent) shows 'File Folder, cached at 29/03/2004 15:18:50' I don't know as yet why or how to change it. It has a different icon and i suspect this is the problem somehow.

ok a deleted the folder on the ftp server that showed as cached. (I had dragged it from my filemanager into cute ftp to upload). This time i uploaded it within cute ftp and now the module shows ok. Fixed - i hope.

Maracas
  • 2004/3/29 18:21

• Maracas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/18

At first, I thought my problems with iMenu and MultiMenu not showing up as installable mods in 2.0.6 might be related to file upload problems with CuteFTP as well. So I brought up the archive files through cPanel, un-RARed or un-zipped or un-whatever'ed them right into the modules folder retaining their proper folder content, being on the lookout for any nesting problems (folders within folders within folders in the archive).

Even though everything within each module's folder looked proper, i.e., like every other mod I have installed, neither will show up in 2.0.6 as installable mods.

Someone posted in another thread that there may be various versions about, or perhaps incomplete versions running around, but I have no idea where to find working ones. I sure would like to get one of these to work in 2.0.6 myself. They are the only two modules I cannot get to install, even though both installed in 2.0.5 for me.

ukandrewf

i just uploaded imenu again having forgotten initially I already had it up - suddenly it and a number of other module which hadn't been showing in admin appeared ready to install (ms-weather for example) so perhaps there was some problem with this module

nesbitt
  • 2004/4/10 10:31

• nesbitt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/25

Did it just appear when you copied the files up again ? I have even gone as far as trying it on a different domain name and a clean installation of XOOPS, but still no luck ?

sol812
  • 2004/4/10 11:51

• sol812

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/4 1

I have posted several questions regarding same - about Imenu - if upload - the imenu not show up - same with multimenu - all other modules work perfect, so maybe we now must ask a developers attention to find out if this is becourse a XOOPS 2.06 bug - or how -

since Imenu developer stop work on future vertions- why not XOOPS put this code inside XOOPS in future vertions so users get a more handy and easy portal to operate.

at this moment I cant fix this problem myself - as I have try all options I have -

if a XOOPS developer ( viking from Denmark" Mithrandir ") are interrested to ftp up on my web account and look - he is welcome - as I believe we need try find the problem -

( can also be a confligt with another installed module posible who block but I am not sure - I have uninstall many to see but still get same )

let me know how I can help -

sol812

Login

Who's Online

260 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 260

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits