jctsup1
Problem logging into forums
  • 2004/2/12 17:54

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

This has been an on-going issue since I migrated to XOOPS 2.x from the 1.x version. I am currently using 2.06.

When a registered user (who is not logged in) browses the forums on my site & wants to reply, they type in their user info & hit the login button. They are logged in with no problem however they get the following error message:
Quote:

ERROR: Forum not selected!

If the page does not automatically reload, please click here

They are then redirected to the forum index page. This happens on ALL systems ruuning IIS - I can point you to several XOOPS sites running on IIS & we all have the same issue. I have posted info on this issue before but apparantly the post in no longer available --- if my recollection serves me correctly, others that aren't using IIS but are using Apache are having similar issues. It may be a Windows thing - not sure. What burns me up about this is that it didn't happen when I ran XOOPS 1.3 so please guys & gals on the dev team, look at this.

I will be more than happy to work with you guys to get this issue resolved.

Other than that, XOOPS kicks some serious butt & is by far the best CMS out there !! Thanks for all your hard work Dev Team!

Entropy
Re: Problem logging into forums
  • 2004/2/17 3:44

• Entropy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/17

My site running on IIS & have the same problem.

jctsup1
  • 2004/2/29 8:58

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

Anyone ? Any ideas?

chrisp
  • 2004/3/29 17:17

• chrisp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/29

was this ever fixed.. I'm having the same problem.. and running the newest version.. nobody can reply to any posts.. but they can start new threads

jctsup1
  • 2004/3/29 17:38

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

This issue has not been resolved. I have posted both here & on the sourceforge bug tracker with no real movement on a resolution.

chrisp
  • 2004/3/29 17:46

• chrisp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/29

thanks.. so what do you think I should do? I'd rather use XOOPS then any other cms.. but XOOPS won't work.. so you think I should move back to phpnuke or something

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits