incama
Forum post width
  • 2004/3/29 9:32

• incama

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/24

I've got a problem with my forum layouts.

When posting into the forum all goes well, I've made sure the forum doesn't go further than 350 width,,exept,,when you insert code into the post (BB code [code]) all hell breaks loose:). It then completely ignors the width. Tried to adjust the width of the .comText and .xoopsCode tags in the css file but it still ignors the width??

See my problem here.

Help!!!

thnx

Herko
Re: Forum post width
  • 2004/3/29 10:18

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Yes, this is a known issue. This is actually the result of a fix, if you can believe it. Typical programmers fix: the code should not be wrapped, because that breaks the code itself if it is copied/pasted into a file. So now the code in the [ code] boxes works when copied, but it breaks the layout. Same with long URL's by the way... If there is a way to wrap code and url lines without it breaking, it can be solved. But the thought behind this is that layout breaks is the lesser evil of the two (and I agree there, as it is annoying, but not as annoying as broken code -the page still displays).

Herko

incama
Re: Forum post width
  • 2004/3/29 11:02

• incama

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/24

Herko,

thanks for your reaction,
It's clear to me now..I think I'm going to have fun looking for another solution

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits