seongbae
I would like to work on new translation for xoops 2.0.x
  • 2003/7/3 0:01

• seongbae

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/16

I did not see language support for Korean. Has anyone done it? If not, I would like to start one.

I am already using Korean language on my XOOPS site. I only changed the necessary lines to Korean, and was too lazy to translate everything.

One question though... will my language pack be available to other fellow Korean XOOPS users on this site once it is done?

seongbae

mvandam
Re: I would like to work on new translation for xoops 2.0.x
  • 2003/7/3 1:40

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Thanks for your interest in contributing this! It is always nice to be able to make XOOPS available to additional users and a translation is a great help in this respect.

I'm sure even partial translations would be greatly appreciated by other korean-speaking users, if you are not up to the task of a full translation. I'm sure other volunteers would help to complete this project!

I would wait a day or two and see if anyone resonds to this thread... just to avoid duplicating any work in case someone else has started.

Quote:

One question though... will my language pack be available to other fellow Korean XOOPS users on this site once it is done?

Once a language pack is sufficiently complete (not necessarily all strings, but at least the most common/important ones), it can be added to the official XOOPS language distribution where it is available to everyone. I'll have to talk to Ono about it, but it might be possible to put it into CVS sooner (before it is done) so people could start to benefit from the partial translations earlier.

Mikhail
Re: INTO CVS: Brazilian Portuguese translation for Xoops 2.0.3
  • 2003/7/3 4:12

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

<quote>
Once a language pack is sufficiently complete (not necessarily all strings, but at least the most common/important ones), it can be added to the official XOOPS language distribution where it is available to everyone. I'll have to talk to Ono about it, but it might be possible to put it into CVS sooner (before it is done) so people could start to benefit from the partial translations earlier.
[/quote]

Dear MVandam, please, can you send my brazilian portuguese translation to CVS?

Direct download at:http://www.xoops.net.br/traducao/

or here:
https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=403

Category: Languages 2.0
Brazilian Portuguese translation for XOOPS 2.0.3
Version: 2.0.3
Submitted Date: 2003/6/18
Description: An always updated, complete and revised Brazilian Portuguese translation for Xoops. Every single file was revised and compared line by line against the last English version (XOOPS 2.0.3). XOOPS em português: estou atualizando diariamente os arquivos desta tradução, consertando diversos erros e melhorando as definições de cada termo para deixar a tradução o mais humana possível. Se você já baixou este arquivo antes, sugiro que o faça de novo e confira as melhorias. E ao encontrar um erro, por gentileza, comunique! - Mikhail Miguel, mikhailmiguel@underpop.com

DOWNLOADS: 375

mvandam
  • 2003/7/3 7:20

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

mikhail:

I just noticed there is already a brazilian portuguese language pack for XOOPS 2, but it has not been updated in the last 4 months. Were you involved in creating this? If so, it should be easy to make the upgrade. If not, we would have to contact the author of that other language pack and probably do a detailed comparison of the translations.

Mikhail
  • 2003/7/3 18:41

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

oh, sure! the RedEye translation! Please, talk to him (uid=2095)! I will too. Thanks in advance for any help,
Mikhail Miguel

matoba
  • 2003/8/25 10:41

• matoba

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/21

I just want to know what is going on Korean language pack. Now I'm running Japanese site, but soon I'd like to use Korean in my site!

hyapadi
  • 2004/3/24 14:26

• hyapadi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/31

i want to make translation for indonesian language. Where i can get the guide for the translation? And where i should submit my works? THx.

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits