marcdg
Changes in preferences
  • 2004/2/10 15:16

• marcdg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/5 9

I've recently installed XOOPS for my website. When I make any change in my preferences, it is not saved. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Mithrandir
Re: Changes in preferences

Do you get any errors with PHP Debugging on? (Set in system admin->preferences -> general preferences)

If not, are you using a software firewall? Can you modify the database in any other way? Posting news, forum posts etc.

marcdg
  • 2004/2/11 7:27

• marcdg

• Just popping in

I can not put PHP Debugging on. That change is'nt saved, like all other changes I try to make.

About the firewall, yes I am using one (norton antivirus). Maybe I should make my own site a trusted site? That was also the only way I could post in these forums. (althought I still get the "Could not post message" message a lot of the times.

marcdg
  • 2004/2/11 7:43

• marcdg

• Just popping in

New situtation: I have made changes to my firewall and I have made my website a trusted site.

Now, sometimes changes (like in preferences) are saved and sometimes not. Like when I changed the name of the site it was saved afther the first try.

Later, I posted a news item with the news module. I did the exact same thing 3 times (making a news message and saving it) and it only got saved the third time. How is this possible?

Mithrandir

The software firewall usually blocks HTTP referrers from your machine, which XOOPS uses to determine whether you are actually sending POST requests from the same site, which is receiving it. For database update and changes, this gives extra security.

Why your news aren't saved at first, I don't know. Where are you running XOOPS? On a local installation? On a free host? At a should-be reliable host?

marcdg
  • 2004/2/12 13:41

• marcdg

• Just popping in

I'm running XOOPS on a reliable host and I know that isn't the issue here. Changes not being saved at once every time is the same as my posts in these forums (takes up to three tries). So I must have something wrong in my own preferences or something.

I am working on Windows XP Home Ed, IE 6.0 btw.

fredski
  • 2004/3/23 13:49

• fredski

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/26

I have a similar problem, Although my preferences say that they have been saved, and when I go back into the preferences they are what I saved them as. Problem is, when I change my module for my start page, nothing changes on the actual page when I browse to it. I used to work fine. I get no errors in any of the debugging modes, I havent changed servers and I'm not behind any firewall. Also I can post and edit articles / news etc. Just can't get the darn start page to change. Any help? Pretty Please???

fredski
  • 2004/3/24 9:00

• fredski

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/26

Ok, I took out the last two mudules I installed and It now updates, I uninstalled Spotlight v2.0 and Short URL's, now I've just gotta find out which one was causing the problem or if those two modules didnt like each other ;¬)

marcdg
  • 2004/3/29 8:59

• marcdg

• Just popping in

I now know (a few weeks already ) what the problem is,... my virus scanner.

Everything works perfectly fine when I turn it off, and it doesn't when I turn it on.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits