• Since: 2004/3/14

ok i've done that now what should i do?

Stewdio
Re: moving data base
  • 2004/3/20 4:10

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Ok, check to make sure you can connect to your new hosts database. If you can, go to your old host and download a SQL dump of your current DB.

If you want, can even install XOOPS on your new host with the modules you use on your current site.

alitan
  • 2004/3/20 4:13

• alitan

• Quite a regular

actually i've got the db file but i dont know where should i insert it

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/20 4:18

• Stewdio

Open up phpmyadmin on your new site (assuming you have XOOPS installed with your modules) and select your database name on the left. Then go to SQL on the top and browse for your local file.

I'ma little unclear on this, I usually just fuddle my way around untill I find the import or add functions.

alitan
  • 2004/3/20 4:26

• alitan

• Quite a regular

what should i put in the query because without that it will not work?

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/20 4:29

• Stewdio

I'm not sure, I've always just browsed for my file and dumped it in. Check the documentation that comes with it.

Maybe someone here more qualified can help with query strings, I'm not that good at that sort of thing.

alitan
  • 2004/3/20 4:31

• alitan

• Quite a regular

i actually i've put thet there but the message no sql query will apear what should i do?

alitan
  • 2004/3/20 15:49

• alitan

• Quite a regular

any help???????????

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/20 16:24

• Stewdio

I'll take one more stab at this...

I just accidentally deleted an unrelated database thats included with my site. My backup was 5 days old, so I didn't loose much more then some basic configuration options.

Anyway, I went back into phpmyadmin and copied the SQL data from the file into the query window and everything came back in a snap.

It was my first time doing it this way instead of uploading from a pre-existing .sql file.

If your db name is created before you run the query, you may need to edit your sql file to not create the db and just dump the tables as needed. If your DB has not been created (although it should by now) and your sql file has a string to create a new db, then leave that in there to create it. I'm sure you'll see what I mean once you get that far.

Remember though, when you do yours and you go back into your XOOPS admin and start adding modules, your imported data will get over written if it was successfully imported. I beleive your goal is to restore your old db info, so be carefull not to overwrite existing data.

I know your having other problems at the moment that need to get sorted out, but you can always come back to this thread when your ready. If things arn't done in the right order, you may not get the rusults you are looking for, so pay close attention to what you want to acheive before moving ahead to other steps.

Hope this helps a tiny bit. I learned something new today and feel all the better for it.

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits