Fred77
Data Migration - Help Needed
  • 2004/3/19 13:34

• Fred77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/15

Hi all,
I'm tryin' to port my site to Xoops. I actually use InLink as WebDirecory Service and InvisionPowerBoard as the forum one.

I became quite tired having to let my users have multiple accounts (one for the forum, one for the webdirectory) and this led me to tryin' XOOPS (well, I done it even for the other services it offers).

Well, my problem is: to port my site I badly need to migrate the data stored in the InLink and InvisionBoard DB to the XOOPS one... anyone can help to merge these DBs with a script or something?

Unfortunately I can't code using PHP/mySQL and I don't have much time to learn it...

Any help with an already made script or with a script written just in time will be verrrry appreciated.

Thnx for your time,
Fred

Herko
Re: Data Migration - Help Needed
  • 2004/3/19 13:47

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

for InLink I don't know, but for IPB you can use http://www.bbpixel.net 's IPBModule

herko

Fred77
  • 2004/3/19 13:58

• Fred77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/15

Err... thnx... however the site seems not to work in this very moment. I'll try later.

My concern is the ease of skinning the module. Let me say that the original IPB is not so easy to customize as XOOPS is meant to be.

Unfortunately InLink is my focus service actually so I have to find a way to migrate even this data and users... Just hope to find a way.

Thankyou very much Herko,
Fred

Herko
  • 2004/3/19 17:40

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Whoop... the url is http://www.bbpixel.com

Herko

Login

Who's Online

443 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 443

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits