verges37
Error after first Time INstall
  • 2004/3/16 0:19

• verges37

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/16

After a fresh install with no errors I log in as Administrator and trying to go to the control panel I get this:
This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed
I click the submit button and then it says:
failed open file
Logging you in..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the page does not automatically reload, please click here

Then it sends me back to the "this is your first time to enter..." And this goes on and on.

Any Ideas?
I am running Apache on linux and MySql 3.23.58 not quite sure what PHP i'm running but I've never had anyother problems with php portals before.

Thanks

brash
Re: Error after first Time INstall
  • 2004/3/16 0:35

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Could be a permission issue. Make sure your cache, template_c, and upload directories are writable. It also might be worth looking at upgrading MySQL as version 4 has been out for a while now. I'd check out PHP too as if you're running an old MySQL version, chances are you are running an older PHP version too.

JackJ
  • 2004/3/16 0:41

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Do you have a firewall? Most looping problems like this are caused by firewalls

If so see this thread

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15173&forum=7#forumpost62777

regards

verges37
  • 2004/3/16 3:07

• verges37

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/16

No there is no firewall, I am working off of a hosting site

brash
  • 2004/3/16 3:45

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

This notice is displayed when there is nothing in the cache directory. When you click the submit button XOOPS tries to create a html file in you cache directory which tells XOOPS that you have already logged in.

By the sounds of it XOOPS is either unble to creat (permissions issue) or there might be a coruption of some kind. XOOPS should've picked up if the cache directory was writable or not during installation, infact it won't let you install until it is able to write. Just to be sure, check the permissions again. The other thing you could try is to delete everything in the cache directory and let XOOPS create it again.

Mithrandir

Verges, are YOU running a firewall? 9 times out of 10 this problem comes from a software firewall blocking the HTTP referrer, which means that XOOPS disallows access to administration menu.

Login

Who's Online

369 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 369

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits