jeffgr
Opening tinycontent pages in a frame?
  • 2004/3/14 4:10

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Hey everybody,

I would like to know if the following can be done with Xoops:

1. Do a normal install of Xoops, including using the Tinycontent module.
2. Then build a frames based web site, with a navigational menu on the side.
3. Link the menu items in this side frame with pages that have been created in the tinycontent module.
4. Have these tinycontent pages open up in the main content frame of the site, when their link is clicked in the side menu.

Essentially, I want to know if I can open up tinycontent pages in a frames based web site...just opening up these pages, without the main menu or XOOPS header etc. appearing.

To do this, do I have to edit the theme to only display the page contents? (and not the user menu etc.) How?

And is there a conflict when there is an index.html and index.php page in the root directory? Should and can XOOPS be installed in a sub-directory, with just the html frames pages residing in the root directory?

If the above arrangement could be done, it would be great..it would allow me to more easily customise the look and feel of the site, yet link to the back-end of tinycontent pages, which allow my clients to do small changes to the site in the future..

thanks!

Jeff

jeffgr
Re: Opening tinycontent pages in a frame?
  • 2004/3/15 0:20

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Hey, I think I figured it out!

I modified the theme "Legend", created by Christian Gundersson |http://www.gundersson.com, to only display the contents of the center block.

The code that goes in the <body> section of the file theme.html looks like this:

<table class="contentsection" cellspacing="0"> <tr>
<td class="middlerow">
<!-- Include file centerblocks.html if centerblocks are to be presented -->
<{if $xoops_showcblock == 1}>
<{include file="legend/centerblocks.html"}>
<{/if}>
<!-- Print the contents of the page currently showing -->
<{$xoops_contents}>
</td>
</tr></table>

I'm not a coder btw, so there may be a better way to do it then this. This seems to only display the contents of my tinycontent pages in the main frame of my frames bases site, and not the side menu or header etc.

Good luck!

Jeff

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits