abdala
Cannot find netpbm
  • 2004/3/8 16:25

• abdala

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/5 1

Hi there,

I am just not clear on the directory structure of XOOPS when I am in the admin panel for xcgal. I put netpbm under the xcgal directory and in admin I pointed it to netpbm/. However, I got the following error when I tried to batch add pictures:

netpbm/jpegtopnm "D:\xampp\htdocs\xoops\modules\xcgal\albums\userpics\DCP01450.JPG" | pnmscale -xsize=100 -ysize=75 | pnmtojpeg -quality=80 > "D:\xampp\htdocs\xoops\modules\xcgal\albums\userpics\thumb_DCP01450.JPG"Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.Warning [PHP]: chmod(): No such file or directory in file D:\xampp\htdocs\xoops\modules\xcgal\include\picmgmt.inc.php line 252
Warning [PHP]: getimagesize(albums/userpics/thumb_DCP01450.JPG): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file D:\xampp\htdocs\xoops\modules\xcgal\include\picmgmt.inc.php line 255.

I tried different locations and I still got the same error.

Can someone give me a hint please.

Thanks,
Abdala

m0nty
Re: Cannot find netpbm
  • 2004/3/8 22:33

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

sometimes it's not possible to just copy the binary netpbm files to a folder on your site, especially if you have a hosted server..

you could try contacting your host company to see if they will install netpbm so that it can be used.. you will then be given the path to it.. but many host companies are reluctant to do such, like my own.. unfortunately i've asked them many times to no avail, so i'm stuck with using GD method..

rabideau
  • 2004/3/9 1:04

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Assmuming you want to use netpbm for photos, you should make certian it is placed in your top www directory on your server. You will most likely need to have your ISP do the install.

I do have a copy of netpbm if you'd like to try this yourself (not recommended). Otherwise call your friendly ISP. If yours isn't friendly enough you may contact me re: mine (who is... )

abdala
  • 2004/3/9 21:50

• abdala

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/5 1

thanks for the pointers.

I'll try with my ISP.

Abdala

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits