TriKster
Forum admin unable to create new forum
  • 2004/3/8 0:43

• TriKster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/7 2

I am trying on 2 sites to create forums,

cllug.org and linux-militia.net

I can make a "category", but when I go to add a forum to the "category" it lets me type in the new name, choose the moderator, and shows the category below and nothing but an "edit" button below the category itself.. There is not a button or anything to like "add" forum.

This is happening on both sites.

I am using XOOPS 2.0.6

TriKster
Re: Forum admin unable to create new forum
  • 2004/3/8 3:44

• TriKster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/7 2

Ok, now even worse..

Something must be wrong.. either we do not have a databases setup for the XOOPS forums.. or something is wrong with this new release.

We have tried from 3 different people's homes, and 3 different ISP connections.. and 2 different operating systems.

All 3 of us are having the same problem. We can make the category itself (even though it does not show up when you click on the "forums" link).. and also we are unable to make the forum for each category.

I thought with me it was some kinda java-script/Linux/mozilla/opera issue, as on creation of a new forum there is a gif on the bottom left side of the forum edit/admin screen that says "menu".. as if there was supposed to be something there under the "menu", but in fact nothing shows up..

Are we missing a module? we activated all but 2 modules for all of the sites/domains. We are using the newest release of XOOPS, fresh off of the xoops.org website.

Please help!

This is holding back 3 new domains atm, and 3 on the way... for a total of 6 domains that the forums wont work on.

We dont want to go back to phpnuke.. we like our sites as they are and like the ease of use with XOOPS.

Thank you

Sincerely,

TriKster Abacus

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits